Talk me out of it...

Booyah

Cantankerously Blunt
Established Member
Okay, I put my catback on lastnight(Flowmaster) but didn't put the tailpipes on because I'm having other tailpipes made. Holy crap it sounds like heaven with these pseudo turn downs. Now I'm really thinking about having the three inch long turn down tips made instead.

96badvenm

Established Member
i always perfer the look of the tail pipes, but if it sounds that good withouth them, leave em off, the tailpipes will change the soad a little.

Tabres

Not without incident
Established Member
I also like the look of tail pipes.

I don't think I'd want to deal with the smell and the drone that comes along with dumps.

Dano

"Book 'em Dano"
Established Member
I vote for the pipe tips. Just a little chrome is great.

rlift2.jpg

S9V7T

Established Member
i have dumps on my '97 and i love them..it cleans up the look of the car alot, and it sounds amazing. Plus when your at the beach the sand blowing from underneath gets alot of attention.

Just my 2 cents.

CobraBoy96

SN95 FO LIFE
Established Member
Dumps sound cool, but if this car is even a remote daily driver you're going to get sick of it.

I drove my friend's 96GTS with a prochamber and flowmasters dumped for about a week and then got back in my cobra SLP X, magnaflows and it was like heaven....

quiet is nice sometimes, that drone was so bad it gave me headaches whenever i drove it.

MAXX RS4

Established Member
Yea, I drove around without my tailpipes for a while when mine were being tweaked. AFter about 2 days, I couldn't take it anymore. I had to clench my teeth otherwise it felt like they'd shake outta my jaw.

fiveo'cobra

Established Member
I love dumps. If you get the right setup they wont drone much. Obviously if you dump 2 chamber flows with an offroad H pipe they're gonna drone; they're the drone kings. With longtubes, an x pipe, and dumps like the setup im running the drone is basically non existent at low rpms; just really deep and at high rpms sounds insane.

compton23

Banned
i have h pipe with 3 inch and dumps sounds awsome people love it. i hate it. when i have to drive it for long trips but around town cant beat it.

reddog4063

Established Member
on my old 88LX Convertible i had shorty headers to off-road h-pipe to single chamber flowmasters with 2 1/2" dumps. Everyone loved it except me. Friends would hop in cruise around, it sounded like a monster. But then i was the one commuting to work in it getting terrible headaches from the drone. I'm sure having a convertible didnt help matters. Oh and fumes....

97cobraheaven

Established Member
i have considered this as well, but have not done it yet. i like the look when i see it on other cars, plus it lets other people know your SERIOUS.

Booyah

Cantankerously Blunt
Established Member
Alright guys, thanks for all the replies. Got the Cobra back from getting my tips done but have to take it back so they can tweak them and clean up the welds some. I'll post some pics if/when they get it right so that you guys can see what SLP tips look like on our cars.

WayFastWhitey

Gin and Jews
Established Member
Tabres said:
I don't think I'd want to deal with the smell and the drone that comes along with dumps.

the #1 reason i got rid of my dumps....the smell and i literyally couldnt hear my radio at all

RippinSVT

SVT Afficianado...
Established Member
I run Magnaflows dumped and I love it. It's not that bad on the highway either. I ran an open H-pipe all summer and that would make your ears bleed at full-throttle.

Booyah

Cantankerously Blunt
Established Member
Alright, these aren't the best because of the lighting, rain and general dirtiness but you get the idea. Had them put on at Mieneke with me actually holding them exactly where I wanted them after they screwed them up the first time. I'll get some new pics when the weather clears up and get a chance to wash the car.

exhausttips3.jpg

exhausttips2.jpg

exhausttips1.jpg

98 svt

Established Member
Premium Member
are they angled down a little bit? the last pic looks like it. they kinda look like they are in too far too.

i love slp tips though, i may try them on my car

Users who are viewing this thread