Votes: 9 22.5%
  • Winter Tires for GT500

Votes: 4 10.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

jeffh81

Here’s KingBlack
Established Member
Get a nice old truck, easy to work on and so practical when you need to do any work.
I drove an 82 F-100 Flareside (302, powersteeing and dealer ac, 2nd owner as grandpa bought it new in Nov of '82) for years and let my Lightning/stang stay in the garage. I've upgraded to an $8k '08 V6 4x4 escape xlt that had 60k miles as a daily now that I have to drive to Colorado (all around Denver to the 5 stores, soon 6) for work every few weeks/months and stay with my sister bro in law in Castle rock. Actually heading there at sunup...
The escape is slow, but it's like a mountain goat in crapy weather... and it holds a crapload for its size...
View attachment 1529532View attachment 1529533

Sent from my Note9

Love the stepside

Machdup1

Established Member
Depends on whether you like to wrench on your own cars. Definitely leave the nice cars in the garage on the trickle charger for the road salt months.

If you do like to wrench get a used (60-80 thousand mile) 4x4 truck. Plan on suspension, tuneup, belts, hoses and maybe a cheap respray.

If not, get a low mile (<15k), front wheel drive or all wheel drive sedan with snow tires.

RedVenom48

Let's go Brandon!
Established Member
@Pribilof My fleet (as my GF calls it) consists of my GT500, a 1997 Taurus as a beater (its rufff) and my 2001 Excursion. Each has a purpose and while most people only want 1 vehicle, I think that all of them together complete my needs.

I may sell the Taurus for a Ford Ranger, to get a little more haulability from my daily but for the most part the fleet is complete.

Glad to see you got a great deal on a Rebel!

CCS_56_EX

Established Member
I voted the gt500 with snow tires. I discarded #2 because it sounds like you really like your gt500 and working on it. Regarding #1 to buy the truck, why buy another depreciating asset that you have to maintain and pay taxes on? To be fair, I have no idea about your financial situation as to whether that’s a big deal.

I daily a Chevy SS with winter tires, and it’s a beast in bad weather. Not the same horsepower as yours, but a rear drive v8. Prior to this, ive always driven fwd or awd with all seasons, but winter tires are miraculous.

kirks5oh

kirks5oh
Established Member
Absolutely love my rs7 but I drive my truck or gtr in the winter snow. Not sure how it would do in snow, but my raptor is fun as hell to drive all winter long

Users who are viewing this thread