tattoo in memory of a parent

CalcVictim

Resident douchenozzle
Established Member
my dad passed away in December, I want to get a tattoo in his memory.

so far I have an idea, it's wings with his initials in the middle, some shading, single color, old English letters. I am going to drop by a couple of tattoo places to see what they say and will post the rendition that I have so far.

show your memorial tattoos.

pho_phizzat

Dapper as ****
Established Member
someone on here was just getting one not to long ago for his uncle or something like that?

Sorry about your father. Thats got to be tough. I can't imagine

Last edited:

ssj4sadie

Established Member
Premium Member
Mine is a nautical star Black/blue (blue being his favorite color) with "What we keep in memory is ours unchanged forever", concaved between the points of the star. I'll post up pics later. It's on my left bicep BTW

CalcVictim

Resident douchenozzle
Established Member
I would really look into an artist that specializes in portraits. Even if you have to fly out to a different state.

look at work by Juan Gonzalez at Exclusive Ink... out of california (MySpace - Exclusive Ink - 28 - Male - SALINAS, California - myspace.com/exclusiveinktattoos).
I am not getting a portrait, honestly I hate the way portrait tattoos look even when done right.
Mine is a nautical star Black/blue (blue being his favorite color) with "What we keep in memory is ours unchanged forever", concaved between the points of the star. I'll post up pics later. It's on my left bicep BTW
Kind of funny, I have a compass rose tattooed on my right shoulder. When I was picking it out I got the idea from looking at pics of nautical stars. I got it for the same reason sailors used to get nautical stars tattooed, as a good luck charm.

ssj4sadie

Established Member
Premium Member
Kind of funny, I have a compass rose tattooed on my right shoulder. When I was picking it out I got the idea from looking at pics of nautical stars. I got it for the same reason sailors used to get nautical stars tattooed, as a good luck charm.

I honestly think that is one of the greatest things about tattoos, is it can mean something completely different for each person.

canibus

Established Member

WireEater

Dumpster Baby
Established Member
I would really look into an artist that specializes in portraits. Even if you have to fly out to a different state.

look at work by Juan Gonzalez at Exclusive Ink... out of california (MySpace - Exclusive Ink - 28 - Male - SALINAS, California - myspace.com/exclusiveinktattoos).

I love this tattoo,

l_1348d5c65b061d162fc77d321690e32b.gif

VenomGTX

Awesome SVT Poster
Established Member
^I'd make the wings and initials a little smaller and put the initials between the wings. That's just me though.

Sorry about your dad.

fiveohpoepoe

Established Member
First, my condolences to you and your family.

I lost my K-9 Rico June 23rd of 2004 to lymphoma. I spent basically 24 hours a day with him for 6 years and it was a huge loss for me. I did this to always remember him. The symbol is for loyalty.

Users who are viewing this thread