Tattoo Question

Neverlift

scotchy scotch scotch
Established Member
Got a question for anyone with half sleeve of larger tattoo, was hoping you could share your experience. I have a design that dear to me that I would like to have put on my arm as a half sleeve. I know price & seat time vary depending on artist and design, but how many sittings did it take to get your work done, and how much time did you need to allow between sittings? Also, how much of a dollar investment should I expect.

TIA

Whizzle

Established Member
I think my sisters took like 6 sessions. Im not sure how much it cost but it wasnt cheap

Yellow2003

Genetically lazy
Established Member
I have seen good artists able to do a sleve in 2 sittings, black and shading then color, need at least 2 weeks between.

Investment is going to vary greatly. Get a firm price ahead of time. One guy that I go to does great work, but only wants to work on an hourly basis. The problem is he is SLOW as hell and gets distracted.

mineralgrey01gt

loud-n-slow
Established Member
my smaller tattoo cost me $100 when I got it done, it took him about an hour. He is really good, well known for his tats. A guy i know on here has 1/2 sleeve tats, ill see if i can dig up his name

CHVYETR

Established Member
Most good artists charge between $75-$100 per hour. I wish I could tell you more but all mine are smaller than sleeves.

ASVT2NV

Insane And Rising....
Established Member
ouch I dont think I could sit long enough for that large of a peice. My last ones almost killed me. But they were on my chest/shoulders. Even the guys doing it were like WTF how are you not hurting?! lol

Users who are viewing this thread