Taurus SHO.

SHOspazz92

Established Member
mjzilinski said:
I just remember it as the car Tim Allen drove in santa clause, it looked pretty cool if you ask me.

V6 SHO (89-95)

DE69B_SHO_motor_2.JPG

V8 SHO (96-99)

97_ford_taurus_sho-3.jpg

Gen 1 (89-90) Gen 2 (92-95) Gen 3 (96-99)
90sho.jpg
92SHO.jpg
96SHO.jpg

:rockon:

-Sam

Last edited:

Mika

Established Member
Just picked up a '92 MTX myself. So far I'm loving it. Needs a little bit to get to mint, but it'll be there:).

Mika

Juruense

Banned
I saw one of these below just yesterday, same color as in the pic. It was in great shape but for some reason the driver kinda gave me a dirty look :shrug:

92SHO.jpg

SHOspazz92

Established Member
bigdog93lx said:
I had a 95 ATX, loved it. Never cared for the Gen III's

A Generation III is a Great Compramise to a Generation II ATX. No comparison to a MTX SHO however. I Myself would Rather have a Gen 3 as opposed to a Gen 2 ATX. I loved my Old 96. It was a GREAT cruiser and a very solid car. Sounded Awsome to with the Borla Exhaust System and Looked great sitting low on Fittipaldi's with 13'' Baers underneath.

DSCN0549.jpg

DSCN0527.jpg

DSCN0521.jpg

-Sam

Last edited:

bigdog93lx

Gallons per mile
Established Member
I just thought the Yamaha engines looked really nice and sounded sweet, especially when the secondaries kicked in. And IMO the gen II's were the best looking of the bunch. Never liked the styling of the gen III's. I still haven't heard an engine sound better than those 3.0 and 3.2 Yamahas :rockon:

Nice cars BTW

A Generation III is a Great Compramise to a Generation II ATX. No comparison to a MTX SHO however. I Myself would Rather have a Gen 3 as opposed to a Gen 2 ATX. I loved my Old 96. It was a GREAT cruiser and a very solid car. Sounded Awsome to with the Borla Exhaust System and Looked great sitting low on Fittipaldi's with 13'' Baers underneath.

NEOH1

Established Member
I really felt Gen 1 was the best. I had a '90 and that thing had more top end than my Cobra (as stock). The speedo's last number was 140 and it seemed like I got her up to 150. Great highway cruiser. I was driving 85 miles round trip and couldn't complain with the SHO. I miss her:(

P.S. It had great leather seats, oh and the 5 speed let you rev the **** out of that Yamaha engine, 7000 redline.

HotRodK

Gone to the Dark Side
Established Member
Thats one hotrod Ford that I have never had the chance to drive. We had a '98.5 Contour SVT that was a sweet ride, but never been in a SHO.:(

harry gilbert

Diehard Ford Fan
Established Member
I had both the '96 and '98 Taurus SHO, and it was one of the nicest all-around cars Ford ever made. I was unhappy with Jac "The Knife" Nasser's "decontenting" of my '98, and didn't like that Ford and Yamaha detuned the V-8 engine rather than beef up the rest of the drive train. But, it surprised the hell out of many people who thought it was a plain Taurus.

It was comfortable, zippy, and I got 18mpg in the city and up to 28 on highway trips.

Ended up selling the '98 to buy my '03 Termi.

BuckChoklit

Schooled by Satan
Established Member
I had a 90 and loved it but the SHO will never come back. Ford lost too much money on it and I'm pretty sure that at this time Ford doesn't need another car to bomb.

SVT4ME

Established Member
Had my 91 SHO in Germany and it held it's own. Only problem was the rain at high speeds, wipers just didn't work. I do miss her thou

Gringo185

2nd Civ Div
Established Member
That would be awesome if they brought back the SHO. Ford would finally have something to compete with the Charger SRT-8, 300C SRT-8 and others in the genre. Plus the FiveHundred/Taurus already has AWD...

Users who are viewing this thread