taxes, i f'd up

punchit

Established Member
So how does this whole deal work and what are my options. Somehow i claimed myself exempt last year and didnt notice that no state and federal were being taken out :nonono: so now im in the whole quite a bit. Arnt there some type of payment plans and if so does it work on an interest based system? Is anyone in the tax business that can help me?

ff500

Established Member
You should file your taxes on time and then ask for an extension to pay, usually they give you time to pay.

SVTJayhawk

Capt. Schistosity
Established Member
Disappear to Mexico and start a new life there. Or talk to a CPA about your options? The IRS likes it when a CPA underwrites stuff plus they might know an agent or an insider who you could talk to about settling your dispute.

vickerw

Established Member
Disappear to Mexico and start a new life there. Or talk to a CPA about your options? The IRS likes it when a CPA underwrites stuff plus they might know an agent or an insider who you could talk to about settling your dispute.

Or he could just give up his citizenship, turn in his ss card, stay here, work, & never have to pay taxes again!:banana: Seems to work for all the other million illegals.:shrug: & just bail on all your back taxes owed also:burnout:

savant

Death Dealer
Established Member
people have gotten out of paying taxes by making the IRS show them the law that says that US citizens have to pay income tax, they are left off because the cant produce the paper work. look it up.

txyaloo

Established Member
people have gotten out of paying taxes by making the IRS show them the law that says that US citizens have to pay income tax, they are left off because the cant produce the paper work. look it up.

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::dw::dw::dw::dw::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

No, no they haven't.

SNCBOOM

Established Member

No, no they haven't.

Come on, lighten up. His user name IS Savant...

But I would contact an accountant.

TJSwoboda

Established Member
Speaking as a radicalized libertarian: Bullshit. You pay your taxes or you get thrown into a rape room. I defy you to take your own advice.

tistan

Established Member

Why don't you ask Wesley Snipes how well that worked out for him.

Seraphus

I R ANDROID LEG!
Established Member

lol . . . just, lol

i hope you take your own advice.

. . . oh, after you do, post vid please.

FordSVTFan

Oh, the humanity of it all.
Established Member

Really? I am pretty sure Wesley Snipes thought the same thing.

No, no they haven't.

:thumbsup:

Common

Established Member
That is exactly what I was referencing. He tried to play with the tax man and got screwed. Remember acquittal does not equal innocent.

When we came to this country, a wise man told us a joke, something along the lines that this is a great country and only two things are certain here.....you WILL die one day and you HAVE to pay your taxes.

Failing to file is much "softer" thing to deal with than other charges he had against him. He came out a "winner", or so it looks right now.....

ssssnake

Established Member
So how does this whole deal work and what are my options. Somehow i claimed myself exempt last year and didnt notice that no state and federal were being taken out :nonono: so now im in the whole quite a bit. Arnt there some type of payment plans and if so does it work on an interest based system? Is anyone in the tax business that can help me?

I'm not an accountant, but I work for a bunch of them. This is for your 2008 return? Yes, there is an installment plan. print the form that's attached. You tell them what you are paying down, and what you think you can pay them each month. They will send you an acceptance letter and will bill you each month. I have done it a few times. You attach the form to your tax return when you mail it in. If you e-file, you mail it in with your payment. http://www.irs.gov/pub/irs-pdf/f9465.pdf

40ROLL?

Established Member

incorrect.

OP....fill out 9465 or simply write a note and ask for installment payments. IRS will work with you.

Last edited:

DriftwoodSVT

Si vis pacem, para bellum
Established Member
You can definitely do a payment plan. I've done it in the past when my ex-wife messed up our taxes, badly. You can pay online via their website, send in monthly checks, or even pay over the phone. They will work with you.

Users who are viewing this thread