TB & CAI Working

sambandit

SVT God
Established Member
O.K., finally got everything working pretty good. Still idles a little rough but I can live with that. It is from the CAI that makes it idle rough. I pulled of the accufab and tried it with the old TB and it still idle rough. Put the accufab back on and sticking throttle went away. Anyway the good news.

- You wouldn't believe the difference in the way the engine sounds with the TB. It sounds really pissed off at wot. I can barely hear the exhaust anymore. All I hear is the blower. Which I like, I also took the hood blanket off so I'm sure that helps with the extra sound.

- The throttle response is alot better. After putting the stock TB on and driving a bit and then putting the accufab back on I really noticed the difference. When you blip the throttle the rpm's shoot up a lot quicker and come down a lot quicker. That's one thing that bothered me with the stock throttle body, just slow throttle response.

-Thirdly the seat of the pants pull is amazing. In the old days you could bolt up a CAI, or change computer program or whatever and get in the car for the first time and be dissapointed. Not with these mods, I'm guessing at least 30 hp. When I give it the gas it just screams up to redline in first gear, oh that's right my tires are spinning. Anyway, here at 6300 ft. It was hard work to get my tires to spin in first unless I popped it off the line, now they spin at will in first. Need some bigger rubber back there now.

- Fourth and probably the most important to me, you wouldn't believe the exhaust sound. For some reason the TB flows so much more air that it wakes up the exhaust note BIG TIME. I know for sure it's the TB more than the CAI because when I had the stock TB on with the CAI it didn't sound anywhere near as sweet. I would recommend the TB just for the exhaust sound. You wouldn't think that part would make such a difference in sound but it does. I would certainly recommend the TB to everybody, it seems expensive for smaller gains, expecially when you compare it to bang for the buck to a pulley, but I don't think a modded Cobra is done without one.

BTW, did you see the interesting article in 5.0 magazine about CAI, check it out, they dynoed 9 or 10 different ones, pretty interesting.

JKD COBRA

The 6th Deadly Venom
Established Member
I am glad you are happy with it, I love my TB also. And yes I saw the article about the CAI and of course mine was just average. Its ok though, I am waiting for the Carbon fibre CAI from SHM.

Users who are viewing this thread