TCE completes test fit of 14" W6a Wilwoods

Todd TCE

Established Member
In addition to the fit of the new W6a caliper to the SN95 platform I have concluded the test fit of this kit to the new car today as well. In short order the TCE Mustang page will reflect this all new kit. This kit is not available from any other Wilwood dealer. If you call and request info on a 14" kit you will be quoted the factory kit with 14s but the smaller BSL6r caliper. TCE is producing this kit "in house" and truly believes it to be superior to the standard kit.

Below are the parts shot and a side by side showing why I have chosen to produce this kit in this manner. Pricing for the new kit will remain the same as the SN95 product. Wheel fit will be compromised also and I'll update the pdf links shortly. Keeping it simple; you will need an additional .420" clearance under 18" wheels than you do the factory kit. *there are no plans now for the custom, smaller 13.3 kit kit as shown for SN95.

For you track guys this will prove the kit you've been waiting for from Willwood, or their dealers in my case. Vastly stiffer caliper with more mass and a pad that's 10% larger than the 7420 and nearly 20% larger than the 7416. In time I'm confident it will prove a worthy contender on many vehicles.

INFO: http://www.tceperformanceproducts.com/cgi-bin/brakes/cginews.pl?record=25

14.0.2.jpg

W6AandBSL6r.gif

Last edited:

sfs32vcobra

S197 Boss 302S Clone
Established Member
More info please...

Regarding the Plus 2 kits, please advise how the weight of the rotor & hat compares to the GT500 14" solid rotor. I am also interested in how the weight of the caliper & pads compares to the 4 piston Brembo on the GT500, as well as the 4 piston Brembo on the '00R.

Any info whether brake bias stays OK with all other system components staying the same?

Lastly, what is the replacement cost for the rotor and mounting hardware?

Thanks!

Todd TCE

Established Member
I'll try to answer some of this.

Front rotor weight is about 19lbs including the hat. I have no idea what a Brembo or other one piece rotor weighs.

The W6a unloaded is just over seven pounds. Pad can have a huge impact on weight. Street pads with much less metallic compound will be probably a full 1/2lb lighter per side or more. While I can make some assumptions on how this compares to the others I've not put one on a scale so again I don't know. I can only tell you what these parts are not what other are.

Bias here will depend upon the pad of choice with the kit and the customers choice of pad in the rear. A change of compound alone will swing this number one way or the other by 5% or more. Despite piston area being a bit less than oem the addition of more rotor will push the numbers to the front a bit more again. Without more detailed info I cannot give you exacting numbers. If you'd like to compare things you may find the bias page of help to you.
http://www.tceperformanceproducts.com/brake_bias_calculator.html

Replacement rotors on the 14" kits list at about $250ea. Bolt kits vary. I offer both the ss Wilwood kits for about $60 and shcs for much less.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread