Teach me about SCT chips

Coiled03

Established Member
I'm seriously considering having Stiegmeier do a port/chip/tune job on my car in St. Charles as I only live 3 hours away. Apparently, they deal in SCT chips for tuning. Is that just a different brand of chip, or tuner (as opposed to a predator)? What are the pros/cons? Do they get good results?

Looking for as much information as possible on SCT chips, what they are, how well they work, etc...

Thanks!

biggyman6

pumpkin
Established Member
where at in illinois do you live..i live 3 hours away in peoria and im considering doing the same thing...as far as the sct chip goes..its alot like the predator only i sold the predator due to the fact that i could never get ahold of james to give me a tune...i have tried contacting steigmeir to set up a date to go down there and am just waiting for a response....

injectedracing

Established Member
You either have SCT or Diablo. It all depends on what your tuner uses. but can do the same thing with SCT.

wizdawg

aka... Brian
Established Member
Coiled03 said:
I'm seriously considering having Stiegmeier do a port/chip/tune job on my car in St. Charles as I only live 3 hours away. Apparently, they deal in SCT chips for tuning. Is that just a different brand of chip, or tuner (as opposed to a predator)? What are the pros/cons? Do they get good results?

Looking for as much information as possible on SCT chips, what they are, how well they work, etc...

Thanks!

what exactly is in st. charles?

wizdawg

aka... Brian
Established Member
really, i never knew they were so close to me. for some reason i was thinking st louis. so they are in st charles IL?

edit: its st charles, MO isnt it. o well :(

Last edited:

Coiled03

Established Member
biggyman6 said:
where at in illinois do you live..i live 3 hours away in peoria and im considering doing the same thing...as far as the sct chip goes..its alot like the predator only i sold the predator due to the fact that i could never get ahold of james to give me a tune...i have tried contacting steigmeir to set up a date to go down there and am just waiting for a response....

I live in Peoria, too.....northwest side by Willow Knolls and Allen Road. I'm gonna try to get hold of them next week.

JaguarS4R

Established Member
I live in Gurnee by Six Flags and I go to Sutton in Matteson, IL. They also do SCT tuning and that might be closer to some of your guys. Its about an hour away for me with NO traffic.

Coiled03

Established Member
JaguarS4R said:
I live in Gurnee by Six Flags and I go to Sutton in Matteson, IL. They also do SCT tuning and that might be closer to some of your guys. Its about an hour away for me with NO traffic.

Good idea, except they don't port blowers. I'm gonna see if Stiegmeier can do a core exchange, and install the ported blower while I'm there. I might even see if they do a pulley and a tune at the same time. I suspect it'll take two trips, but I'm gonna ask anyhow.

sambandit

SVT God
Established Member
A chip is a chip is a chip no matter what brand it is. Diablo or SCT, in the hands of a good tuner you will get good results. A chip however is actually plugged into the back of the computer whereas a programmer flashes the car and there is no need to dig out the computer.

Coiled03

Established Member
So is an SCT a programmer, or a chip? And what was this business I was reading that said an SCT could be switched on the fly as opposed to a diablo?

AMB

Established Member
Coiled03

SCT has both a pcm Programer (X Calibrator#2) and a CHIP burner (P/N 7500). The CHIP Burner can hold 4 tunes plus the stock pcm TUNE for a total of 5 TUNES aviable. The pcm Programer can hold 3 TUNES. The DIABLOSPORT chip can ONLY hold TWO tunes.

AMB

Last edited:

dynobobstieg

Coiled03 said:
Good idea, except they don't port blowers. I'm gonna see if Stiegmeier can do a core exchange, and install the ported blower while I'm there. I might even see if they do a pulley and a tune at the same time. I suspect it'll take two trips, but I'm gonna ask anyhow.

Give us a call and we can set up a date, we can usually have that done in one day.
636-949-2275

Users who are viewing this thread