Teal Cobra Owners

cele3

Established Member
My Teal Cobra has license plate holes drilled in it. I've contacted the folks at www.bumperplugs.com to order the plugs to fill the holes. The problem is that the teal color is not in their stock. So, they'd need to mix a special batch and that will cost me about $129. If I can get four other Teal owners who are in my same situation to place an order, then the plugs will be the normal price of $24.95 for everyone.

Is anyone interested in placing an order with me? If so, just use the email contact page on their website and tell them that you want the '93 Teal Cobra plugs (Paint code RD). Once we get four others, the order will be placed.

After speaking with the owner and looking at the product and testimonials, these plugs appear to be first class.

So, who is in with me?

Rob.

96lasersnake

storm trooper'd cobra
Established Member
I have a teal car but never had the bracket:rockon: they look nice, I used some plastic stops I painted red on my mach one but these look nicer.

CO9B3RA

Established Member
Rob:

Sent my e-mail to "bumper plugs" as joining the order. Do they get hold of
you or everyone in the "mass" order?

It will be nice to finally plug those 2 ugly holes with something that matches
the paint!

Ned

carguy19

Established Member
If there were holes in my bumper, Id send it off to the body shop and get them filled and repaint the cover. But the plugs will still look better then the holes for sure.

cele3

Established Member
Joe and Ned:

Thanks for jumping in. I was asked to just submit my order via the site's email contact (www.bumperplugs.com). I then received a reply from the owner stating that he would wait to receive the other four orders and then start production.

All you need to do is send the email and tell him you've got a '93 Teal Cobra with paint code RD and want the bumper plugs.

Rob.

cele3

Established Member
carguy19 said:
If there were holes in my bumper, Id send it off to the body shop and get them filled and repaint the cover. But the plugs will still look better then the holes for sure.

I thought about having my body guy repaint the cover, but decided against it because my car is all original paint and I didn't want the bumper cover removed and then reinstalled.

For $25, if I don't like the bumper plugs, I'll go to Plan B and think about having the entire bumper reshot.

Big Ben

stangsofsouthflorida.com
Established Member
Damn, I would buy them but someone backed into mine (very minor) but now I have to paint anyway so I will have the body shop fill them, sorry.

PJM99

Established Member
Jeez, its tempting but I really don't mind having the plate up there all that much. I like the way it looks with my old SVT plates.

p_mendes.jpg

asperformance

Banned
If your car has original paint, just have the body shope paint the molding part of the cover, You won't be able to notice, and the cover will still have most all the original paint on it.

speed3198

BEWARE the Jabberwocky!!
Established Member
I hope all you guys who are planning on filling your holes know an excellent body man. I had to replace my front bumper cover with one that had holes already in it and they filled them but it still doesnt look right! I can spot the marks from a mile away. So SERIOULY consider a simple solution before spending good money on filling the holes and then painting. If I had it to do over I would have gotten a cover that didnt have the holes punched. my 2cents

CO9B3RA

Established Member
mach3514v;

That's sacriligious...you better get into that garage and make amends to that Cobra of yours and become the 5th guy! Even if I don't drive my 33k mile Cobra every day, I make sure I set eyes on Teal EACH AND EVERY DAY!

"Are we there yet?";-)
:coolman:

19COBRA93

Tire shredder
Established Member
Repainted bumpers never last, and take away from the originality of the car. It will always be questioned (wrecked?), and rarely match the original paint. Not that the Ford bumpers matched anyway, but atleast it's expected.

Ask any good body man and he'll tell you nothing is as durable as the original paint on the bumper covers (as far as cracking and peeling). The process Ford uses almost fuses the paint to the urethane. Repainted bumpers will eventually start to bubble/crack/peel in the seems along the moulding area and the "fins" in the lower air damn. And, it's tough to get the paint to "flex" with the urethane like the factory stuff does, even with the flex additives.

Anyway, IMO, do whatever you can to NOT repaint the bumper cover unless it really needs it.

I'd imagine with the right prep work, paint, additives and cure, it could be done to look great, and last. But 90% of body shops out there won't make the extra effort to get all of those right.

cele3

Established Member
514SCJ said:
Im Down For A Set Of Plugs. E-mail Me As I Don't Get On Here That Often. Thanks, John

I didn't see your email address in your profile. I'll send a PM also. If you read this, send an email to: [email protected]. Submit your order for the plugs and tell him you have a '93 Teal Cobra. I emailed him yesterday and he said that he has 3 orders right now. So, we're very close to fulfilling the order. You can also go to www.bumperplugs.com for more information.

Rob.

Users who are viewing this thread