Team Lightning is a Go!!! Bull Run I hope your ready!!!!

oki

Step up or STFU!
Established Member
Surprised you haven't posted up the antics you have been having driving that truck for this Rally...you all have to see some of the video he has posted around on other sites if you haven't yet.

Lets just say...Oval Track....Drifting....almost wasn't the best idea in the world!

FlaHP

Established Member
My navigator has 500 pictures and 65 go pros to weed through

The truck was easily the most disturbing ride there. It violates all the senses lol

FlaHP

Established Member
It seems tame to me compared to the silver one. I had one corvette owner actually come to me wanting to race.
I said for how much? This went on through dinner I told him I would take from him ad much as he wanted to put down. By the end I told him that owning a truck has it's advantages. I brought the bogarts!!!

We ran the fastest et of the day. We did it 3 times in a row too. Next fastest was 4 tenths slower.

I my self have not even seen the pics. There was a go pro mounted right behind the pass wheel. It should look really good when I almost tagged the wall sliding sideways.

FlaHP

Established Member
We must have logged 10-12 hours on these roads in the 2 days we were up there!!!!!!!

My buddy wanted a copy of his car so I just uploaded this for him

We are loaded down big time but here is the video I got of the G8 we hung out with.

He had cam, LT, all the bolt ons and suspension goodies.

We hammered it a few times and the gt and g8 said they could not keep up. Even with 4 wheels, tool, jack, 2 suit cases, and tons of extra parts in the bed. Gotta love that.

G8RNA.MP4 - Car Videos on StreetFire

FlaHP

Established Member
On November 13, 2002,
13-year veteran of TPD,
husband, and father of
three, Dale Green was
slain in the line of duty
while responding to a
home invasion robbery.
Dale’s family, friends,
and colleagues have
come together to create this scholarship to
commemorate his life, service, and sacrifice.

208346_109873132429519_109643109119188_102076_3786817_n.jpg

The show info

Welcome to Facebook - Log In, Sign Up or Learn More

We are letting them use the truck to get the word out.
gallery_4_150_4389.jpg

gallery_4_150_47486.jpg

FlaHP

Established Member
This years video
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QclL-...feature=fvwrel

As most of you know we built the ultimate Rally ride based off the truck we love so much; the Ford Lightning.
After Season 4 of Bullrun ran into network issues we ran a Rally last year with Rally North America totaling 3500 miles. The Rally made dozens of newspapers, TV, and magazines.

This year we are going again for MS Accelerated Cure.

About Accelerated Cure Project
We are a national nonprofit organization dedicated to accelerating the cure of MS by facilitating research that determines the causes and mechanisms of MS. Our primary strategic initiative is the establishment of the MS Repository, a large-scale collection of highly-characterized biosamples available to scientists at any organization who are conducting research that contributes to our mission. All data generated through analysis of MS Repository samples is contributed back to the Accelerated Cure Project, resulting in an increasingly valuable and comprehensive information resource that can be analyzed to reveal new insights about MS. For more information about the Accelerated Cure Project or to make a corporate or individual donation, call 781/487-0008, visit acceleratedcure.org, or send an email to [email protected].

About Multiple Sclerosis:
Multiple sclerosis, or MS, is a chronic demyelinating disorder of the central nervous system affecting over 400,000 people in the US and 2 million individuals worldwide. MS often results in severe disability including the inability to walk, impaired vision, or in some cases blindness, cognitive dysfunction, bladder and bowel problems, extreme fatigue and other serious symptoms. Unfortunately, no one knows what causes multiple sclerosis, there is no known cure for the disease, and treatments are modest at best.

Rally North America sen out a Press Release Blitz . They have amassed over 700 media contacts in the cites and town that we will be visiting and will be adding to the list as we get closer to the event.

After working with a few local sponsors I call the event organizer to see if I can get sponsors added to help make the goal of $45,000 in donations and was told yes.

The nitty gritty is:

Provide 80+ decals and $250-$499 for one decal on the ride

or $500 + for 2 under 1ft or maybe one larger one. Need to provide 160 decals

All proceeds go straight to the charity.

I know not all businesses can just write a check so maybe something can be worked out for the auction in the form of a donation.

Vendors who donated are also mentioned in articles and on the web site.

FlaHP

Established Member
Sounds like a good cause. Where can donations be made to?

Damn sid my adhd got me again. :beer:

I forgot about the average guy.

Rally North America "2012 Rally Dixie"

Any little thing helps.

I had a few not wanting to use there CC so they sent me a check and I will make a donation on my cc.

Like I said all the donations go to the charity. I am paying for the rally and all the expenses. They just hit $25,000 in donations. I have already bought a few items to donate to there auction as well.

FlaHP

Established Member
We are hammering away to get things ready for this years cross country rally.

Finished the swap to the 2.3 Whipple
Changed out the valve body last week

gallery_4_163_620858.jpg

The next day drove from Tallahassee to Saint Augustine Fl and Torrie with Unleashed Tuning dialed in the tune.

223817_10151805502575650_1313339476_n.jpg

Oh yea and the GT is twin turbo 1000 Plus at the wheels. We took it out after the truck was done for some neck breaking pulls.

Friday we met up with Team Tallahassee and Team Smart to drive to Pensacola for a TV news interview for the rally.

428414_10151810246790650_1162137626_n.jpg

The truck had done great for almost a 1000 miles in one week until the SC pulley sheared off the whipple. Parts are on order but not a great thing to happen just a week out.

Team Tallahassee and Team Struck will be leaving from, believe it or not, Tallahassee on Sunday June 17th at approximately 8:00AM. We’ll be driving the route provided by Google in the following link, if you’re coming from any of the places we’re passing along the way you’re more than welcome to join up with us.

Talla Arezzo, Italy - Google Maps ... ls&t=m&z=6

Please shoot me a PM if you’d like a courtesy call when we are getting close to your area, but below are some approximate times when we should be rolling thru major cities.
Montgomery, AL – Noon
Birmingham, AL – 2:00PM
Nashville, TN – 5:00PM
Louisville, KY – 8:00PM

This will put us in Noblesville, IN no later than 11:00PM which means we can chill all day Monday until the pre-rally meeting & auction.

Then rally time

June 18th Pre- Rally Party and registration Nobelsville Indiana at Cambria Suites.

Registration will begin at 3 PM and end at 6 PM Thank u CCGTO! The Party will be non formal (Edited) There are NO food or drinks allowed in the pool area itself. However there is a BAR on property.

Pre- Rally DRIVERS meeting is @ 7PM have at least one member of your team present at this meeting.

June 19th Starting line on the Square in Downtown Noblesville

We will have Local officers helping direct traffic and blocked off streets for our exit tentative show time is 8:00 AM go time is 8:30.

Autocross to be held at an undisclosed location

Finish Line Smokey Bones Bar & Fire Grill Bowling Green Kentucky

June 20th Starting Line National Corvette Museum Bowling Green Kentucky

Showtime for a closed tour of the Museum is 8:00 AM those not taking the tour 8:30 AM and go time is 9:00 AM

Drag Racing at Clarksville Speedway is on the agenda

Finish Line Gadsden Alabama

June 21st Starting Line Downtown Main Street Gadsden Alabama 8:00 AM Show time 9:00 AM GO Time

2 Paced laps on the 2.5 Mile Super Speedway Talladega

Finish Line Ramada Plaza Beach Resort Fort Walton Beach Florida

Once on the road info will be hard to share so most will go to Facebook

There is a page for Team Struck

I am paying for everything. All donations go to Fighting MS

Individuals can still donate too.

It's

Rally Dixie for charity
Accelerated Cure Project for Multiple Sclerosis June 18th -21st
Indiana to Florida 3 race tracks
To donate
Rally North America "2012 Rally Dixie"

FlaHP

Established Member
224903_10151833415145650_424894330_n.jpg

224992_10151833572665650_956404729_n.jpg

600377_10151833546650650_660349662_n.jpg

551785_10151833547190650_669780967_n.jpg

This is the itinerary if any Lightning owners can come by and say hi.
Most of the trip will be on Face Book
Team Struck
Jason Abrams
Rally North America

June 18th Pre- Rally Party and registration Nobelsville Indiana at Cambria Suites.

Registration will begin at 3 PM and end at 6 PM Thank u CCGTO! The Party will be non formal (Edited) There are NO food or drinks allowed in the pool area itself. However there is a BAR on property.

Pre- Rally DRIVERS meeting is @ 7PM have at least one member of your team present at this meeting.

June 19th Starting line on the Square in Downtown Noblesville

We will have Local officers helping direct traffic and blocked off streets for our exit tentative show time is 8:00 AM go time is 8:30.

Autocross to be held at an undisclosed location

Finish Line Smokey Bones Bar & Fire Grill Bowling Green Kentucky

June 20th Starting Line National Corvette Museum Bowling Green Kentucky

Showtime for a closed tour of the Museum is 8:00 AM those not taking the tour 8:30 AM and go time is 9:00 AM

Drag Racing at Clarksville Speedway is on the agenda

Finish Line Gadsden Alabama

June 21st Starting Line Downtown Main Street Gadsden Alabama 8:00 AM Show time 9:00 AM GO Time

2 Paced laps on the 2.5 Mile Super Speedway Talladega

Finish Line Ramada Plaza Beach Resort Fort Walton Beach Florida

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread