Tech: 2015 Mustang Hood Lifts

SnakeBitten07

Established Member
I can't believe people spend money on these - is it really such an inconvenience to lift your hood and affix the prop rod? What happens when the gas spring fails ? Remember, KISS.

04sleeper

Runs On "Liquid Gold"
Super Moderator
I can't believe people spend money on these - is it really such an inconvenience to lift your hood and affix the prop rod? What happens when the gas spring fails ? Remember, KISS.
What happens when it's windy and the hood comes off the prop rod and onto your head? BAM!

With all the technology into these car now, CAN BUS multiplex wiring, Drive By Wire, Push Button Start, Line Lock, LED Lighting, Advanced Traction Control, Electronic Assist Steering, Track Apps, Etc... something as simple as hood shocks should be included.

And using your theory we would still have a single wire alternator, carb and points. Just my $.02

Dominican_7

Established Member
What happens when it's windy and the hood comes off the prop rod and onto your head? BAM!

With all the technology into these car now, CAN BUS multiplex wiring, Drive By Wire, Push Button Start, Line Lock, LED Lighting, Advanced Traction Control, Electronic Assist Steering, Track Apps, Etc... something as simple as hood shocks should be included.

And using your theory we would still have a single wire alternator, carb and points. Just my $.02

This...

and it seems simpler to push that latch and the hood comes up and stays up then to use the "pain in the ass hood prop" ... my .02

Great write up, looks clean..

HISSMAN

The Great Bearded One
Super Moderator

I've had these on 6 different vehicles, and I've never had one fail. Though, on my 98 cobra before I had them installed I did have a gust of wind, as mentioned above, lift the hood off of the prop at a car show. They really should be standard, but I'll wager that Redline is glad that they aren't. ;-)

-Jeff

Users who are viewing this thread