Tech? 98 no start due to fuel psi problem

stevieb

Established Member
Hello All,
I have a technical question that maybe some one out here may have some insight or know the location of the fuel pump relay.
I have a 98 Cobra that wont start due to no fuel pressure, Im pretty sure it is an electrical problem and here is why.
When checking voltage at the pump I only get 6 volts at the pump with ignition on, and get 10V when cranking.
Understanding that the DOHC uses a fuel system return line and a CCRM (Constant Control Relay Module) to control the fuel pump.
I get 12 V to the CCRM but only 6V out, I have tried a CCRM from a 99 GT and have the same problem.
The generic schematic I have says there is a fuel pump relay after the CCRM but I cant find it. This is where I am stumped, can any one help with any information.
I would greatly appreciate any help with this problem.

cobra4v

Hooked On SVT
Established Member
I had the same problem on my 98 Cobra. I was getting no fuel pressure also. I checked the power going to the fuel pump and was getting a low volt reading (forgot what it was) but it was lower than 9 volts. I was told that this was normal and to change the fuel pump. It did turn out to be the fuel pump. Not 100% sure but I was told that the relay is behind the glove compartment.

stevieb

Established Member
The fuel pump was changed, it still has no psi, sorry I forgot to mention this. Any other ideas?
Thanks

Users who are viewing this thread