Tech: Pro Dyno performs a Clean Coyote Swap in a 2004 Mustang GT

DMassey

No Habla Jibber Jabber
Established Member
great writeup Steve! I just got a Comp Orange 04 GT that I'll be doing this swap with eventually. I wonder why they used the Vintage Air kit instead of the Power By The Hour bracket kit?

EditorTurner

Established Member
Nice, Derrick. I think the SN-95 and New Edge rides are perfect candidates for the swap. Not sure about the brackets, but this one turned out nice.

kevinatfms

Ex-Ford/Kia/Hyundai Tech
Established Member
Premium Member
A bolt on blower for a 2 valve would put it at the same power level. Yeah sure the swap factor is pretty cool but id be hoping for more power than that. Built 2 valve with a blower would have been a cheaper route and netted more power...

I guess the N/A ability of the car is what he was after. Swap looks great though and love that PCM bracket. Work of art.

SnakeBoostE85

whipped and korned
Established Member
A bolt on blower for a 2 valve would put it at the same power level. Yeah sure the swap factor is pretty cool but id be hoping for more power than that. Built 2 valve with a blower would have been a cheaper route and netted more power...

I guess the N/A ability of the car is what he was after. Swap looks great though and love that PCM bracket. Work of art.

Is this just a stock internals Coyote? If so, this seriously puzzles me… why would you spend all that time and money just to swap one unbuilt N/A motor for another? Sure the N/A motor makes 136 more HP, but if your gonna do a motor swap, at least put a "built" motor in it. This way if you want to make "real" power later you can.

I don't know… I'm a high altitude guy, so unbuilt N/A motors are basically worthless to me.

Users who are viewing this thread