teflon coating on Eaton pealing off

88 347 stroker

Established Member
I pulled off my stock Eaton SC while changing my spark plugs last weekend and I pulled apart my Eaton to clean all the oil out of it. I found the teflon coating on the supercharger blades is pealing off in a few spots. I found the pieces on top of the intercooler while I was cleaning that. They are not big pieces but it still concerns me. Any advice or info would be great.

my98stang46

Established Member
Strip them. Theres no loss or gain from having it on your rotors. Besides the fact that when more of it flakes off it'll help clog the IC more

Scarpino

Established Member
Aircraft Stripper....VERY CAREFULLY! Take a brush and pour some stripper on the brush. Then take the brush and brush the rotors. Let the stripper sit there for a few minutes and you will see it working its magic. It looks like it boils it. Then just peel the teflon off. I did mine in about 30 minutes. But I will say again. TAKE YOUR TIME you dont want any of that stripper on any gears or bearings....chit, you dont want it on your skin! I may have some pictures somewhere, let me see if I can dig them up

Slider

aka=Brad
Established Member
DOOOOOO NOOOOOOTTTTTT get that stuff on your skin. HOLY crap its like liquid fire.

Do what was said above me.

J.Rovirosa

Established Member
Don't mean to hijack the thread, but I'm assuming disassembling the blower to strip the rotors isn't advised?

JCHicks

Established Member
Ever get gas on your armpit changing a fuel filter??? Well I got aircraft stripper on there and HOLY SHIT!!!!!

junioRace

Established Member
Yeah, make sure to borrow the wifeys dishwash gloves...lol.

It can be done without disassemblying the rotors. If you can't get in the nooks and crannies, no biggee.... The teflon flaking off happens on all of these trucks to some degree or other. And the only reason to remove it is to keep it from getting all over your intercooler.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread