Temporary Front End Cover/Bra Solution...

svink32

Established Member
Hi guys,

I’m flying to Texas to pick up my ‘11 Shelby tonight, picking her up in the morning tomorrow and driving her 950 miles home to Phoenix, AZ.

I just realized I didn’t buy a car bra/front end cover to protect from bugs/rockchips/etc. does anyone recommend a temporary solution to protecting my front end on the ride home? I tried looking for a car bra I could purchase through Amazon for same day prime shipping, but can’t seem to find anything.

Any help is appreciated!!!

Blk04L

. . .
Established Member
Premium Member
Yup. Painters tape.

I didn't bother with it though on a 1,100 trip home. Drove at night and just had some minor bugs.

HillbillyHotRod

Hooligan rabble rouser
Established Member
Painter tape works good for the short haul. If you have to make a long haul be sure to check it regularly as wind tends to pull it up after a bit. I have use frog tape and found it the best. Tried the white transport tape. It does not work unless you cover everything including the air intakes. Tried track tape and it works fairly well but also comes loose after a bit. Have not tried road warrior but hear it holds up good unless you hit rain.

Gr8fulmtnbiker

Established Member
I am not sure if these are car-specific and if there is one for mustangs, but:

GlTUlqQ.jpg

svink32

Established Member
Thank you guys! I will be driving on I-10 between San Antonio, TX and Phoenix, AZ. Leaving Texas around 11am Central Time so will be day driving. Honestly not too concerned about the bugs as I plan on detailing the car once it gets back to AZ, however was concerned about rock chips/etc. I will grab some painters tape if I feel as though it is necessary. Thank you all!!!

svink32

Established Member
Road Warrior Plus | Paint Protection that you ROLL ON! Car Truck RV Motorcycle Clear Bra
I've used it, it does work. Roll it on and when you are home, power spray it off. Comes off in huge pieces.

At this point though you are more or less out of time. I would buy a couple rolls of the thick painters tape.

Yeaaaah I agree, I am a bit out of time. Didn't really think about it until this morning. I feel comfortable with the painters tape, so I will go that route! Thank you!

RedVenom48

Let's go Brandon!
Established Member
Hi guys,

I’m flying to Texas to pick up my ‘11 Shelby tonight, picking her up in the morning tomorrow and driving her 950 miles home to Phoenix, AZ.

I just realized I didn’t buy a car bra/front end cover to protect from bugs/rockchips/etc. does anyone recommend a temporary solution to protecting my front end on the ride home? I tried looking for a car bra I could purchase through Amazon for same day prime shipping, but can’t seem to find anything.

Any help is appreciated!!!

See if you can have it overnighted to an Amazon locker near the area youre traveling too.

or

TrakkTape, best track day paint protection

Same as above see if you can overnight it to an Amazon locker near where youre traveling

Black2010

Established Member
Thank you guys! I will be driving on I-10 between San Antonio, TX and Phoenix, AZ. Leaving Texas around 11am Central Time so will be day driving. Honestly not too concerned about the bugs as I plan on detailing the car once it gets back to AZ, however was concerned about rock chips/etc. I will grab some painters tape if I feel as though it is necessary. Thank you all!!!

Just don't tailgate anybody and you have nothing to worry about.

One solution if you must is plastidip. They have it in clear as well.

CV355

_
Established Member
Painters tape FTW.

You can get a spray-on clear bra but honestly a $5 roll of blue painters tape is going to protect more and be easier to take off.

Dinosgt

Established Member
Xpel trac wrap - Amazon. Better than tape.

Check out YouTube vids.

Sent from my iPhone using svtperformance.com

Users who are viewing this thread