Tensioner pulley help

Vicious805cobra

Established Member
Well while driveing my cobra today I noticed this weird grinding noise comeing out of under the hood. After looking around under the hood with the s/c belt off I noticed that the pulley on the tensioner was screwed up. So my question is, are the tensioner's pulley available separately or do I have to buy the tensioner/pulley together?:shrug:. Also if you guys know the part number it will be greatley appreciated.:beer:

Considering what the pulley costs, you may just be better off buying a 03-04 Lighting belt tensioner from Tousley, which comes with a pulley of course. IIRC, I paid under $40 for it and it fits our cars perfectly. The Cobra tensioner and pulley is like $175 last time I saw. Don't know why that is.

Vicious805cobra

Established Member
Considering what the pulley costs, you may just be better off buying a 03-04 Lighting belt tensioner from Tousley, which comes with a pulley of course. IIRC, I paid under $40 for it and it fits our cars perfectly. The Cobra tensioner and pulley is like $175 last time I saw. Don't know why that is.

That's not bad at all, but is the lighting tensioner's pulley a diffrent diameter or the same?

Users who are viewing this thread