Tensioner Question.

joel3431

Brain Terminated.
Established Member
Stock is 67mm grooved correct? I have a steeda 100mm aux idler on it now brand new, soon to go on- just ordered, 2-100mm metco idlers and 90mm metco idler plus new belt right sized. Should I order a 67mm (if that's what it is) new pulley for the tensioner? Or is this not needed, as in not a common problem that people have (or should i just order a new tensioner all together)

04dreamcobra

When it runs, it's fast...
Established Member
I've heard several people complain about the stock tensioner. Talking about them breaking and leaving them stranded pretty much. I would replace it with a good one before I put the money in a pulley. Just my opinion though. The upgraded tensioners aren't cheap so it's hard for me to justify if mine still works fine.

Avispa

Established Member
The tensioner diameter doesn't as long as the belt tension is correct, meaning you have the right length belt for all the new idler pulleys.

I'm running all stock idlers and tensioner an a Whipple 2.3 with stock lower and 3 inch upper. No belt slipping and the idlers seem to be holding up just fine. Only reason to change the tensioner is if there is bearing wear.

SVT_Troy

Established Member
The tensioner diameter doesn't as long as the belt tension is correct, meaning you have the right length belt for all the new idler pulleys.

I'm running all stock idlers and tensioner an a Whipple 2.3 with stock lower and 3 inch upper. No belt slipping and the idlers seem to be holding up just fine. Only reason to change the tensioner is if there is bearing wear.

The bearings on the stock pulley's can be replaced. Not hard at all

Users who are viewing this thread