Terminated Whipple GT battles '13 GT500 on E85

Bokeo

Established Member
From Description:
2 Fast Stangs battle it out, Terminator Swapped Whipple GT pushing over 600 rwhp battles '13 Shelby GT500 pushing over 700 rwhp. The GT's 5th gear was botched so runs were just to the top of its 4th. Shelbys Intercooler pump was also malfunctioning so heatsoak was an issue. There will be a rematch in the future when both car's issues are resolved.

[Youtube_browser]2GQ-jN2S5Tw[/Youtube_browser]

ZYBORG

Let's roll..
Established Member
Premium Member
Nice video. Great runs.

IC pump not working is huge disadvantage for the shelby. Also, top of 4th on that gt is what 120?

2011 gtcs

GT500 poster
Established Member
Premium Member
Thanks bro, wish I could see your Shelby in action! Im following you on ig

Thanks buddy, I have only had one race since I finished the KB and that was to a stock auto hellcat, needless to say I won

kirks5oh

kirks5oh
Established Member
Why would you run cars with issues?

This

Race lasts 3 seconds tops? How is an inter cooler pump already broke on a 2 year old car? Post the video when you can get some clean runs off. Will be thoroughly disappointed if a modded '13 on corn gets beat by a pump gas twin screw car, but oh well.

Bokeo

Established Member
Both cars are on E85. Not sure what his 4th tops out at, but I believe its a 6 speed from a cobra as well. Not sure of his gear ratio. The IC Pump is aftermarket, sort of custom made/fit as well. I know the GT500 owner also has issues with the Electronics not liking his aftermarket wheel/tire set up.

MTBSully

Established Member
If its a cobra 6 speed top of fourth should be ~145 at the limiter. I get nervous shifting into 5th quickly at those speeds..

GT Premi

Well known member
Established Member
From Description:
... The GT's 5th gear was botched so runs were just to the top of its 4th. Shelbys Intercooler pump was also malfunctioning so heatsoak was an issue. ...

Always some disclaimers. Why do people race with raggedy cars?

Users who are viewing this thread