Terminator/Cobra Lower intake Manifold on Navi 4v heads

Eddie_Drift

Established Member
Has anyone else done this? I went down rabbit hole trying to find info on this all over the internet, talked to some shops/engine builders/tuners etc. and everyone says it doesn't fit and I would need to switch heads to the cobra heads. Well I figured it out and honestly it was quite simple versus what everyone else said...

First off I have a built motor in one of my cars that has ported navi heads. When i first got the heads from my tuner, my mach1/cobra lower intake did not fit. Luckily my tuner had a ported short runner(which is up for sale now) which I had bought to run with these heads. I ran this setup for years with a Vortech. I had a freshly rebuilt Whipple sitting on the shelf for awhile now and made the commitment to put it on.

There are basically 2 pieces of casting that stick out off the outer number 4 and and 5 intake ports in the valley.
I literally took a cutting wheel and cut them clean off so that they no longer interfered. The terminator lower intake manifold dropped right in so now its ready for the Whipple. Hope this helps anyone that has these heads or thinking about using these heads and has a terminator setup.

GodStang

Established Member
At one time there was a lot of info on Navi heads on terminators on another site. There are pros and cons with going with the Navi but it has been done a number of times.

Eddie_Drift

Established Member
At one time there was a lot of info on Navi heads on terminators on another site. There are pros and cons with going with the Navi but it has been done a number of times.
Yeah I wish I could have found that info, I still dont find anything really besides people talking about flow on them vs the others.

Users who are viewing this thread