Terminator making sizzling, poping noise from header wrap.

raw23062

Established Member
The last two times I've driven the car, as soon as I shut it off, it starts making a sizzling and poping noise from under the engine. I noticed there was no distinct burning smell of any sort so I figured it must be a water issue and even though I've driven it a bunch with the A/C on this year without any of these issues, I started thinking it might be the A/C drain line dripping onto the headers. So I jacked the car up and sure enough, the header wrap actually split as I was sliding under the car from one of the pops. It was soaked and had no odor from the liquid. So I'm assuming the A/C is draining onto the headers and running in between the header wrap and headers..?? It looks pretty tight up in there and this is a new problem and nothing has been changed that would create this condition, so I'm curious why this started now. Wondered if any of you have experienced same thing and what caused/fixed it. Figured I would ask before I start taking stuff apart. Thanks guys.

346CamaroSS

Established Member
Do you see any liquid on the ground once you park the car? My car does the same thing after I run the A/C or defrost and its just condensation dripping on to the hot exhaust.

raw23062

Established Member
Normal A/C condensation drip.

Except most of us don't have wrapped headers to exaggerate the condition.

Was actually waiting for you to chime in....thought you might have a take on this. Cool...was kind of hoping that was the case before I went on a hunt to reroute the drain or something.... yeah, the wrap definitely makes it worse by trapping the moisture...As it pops its actually is busting the wrap. Thanks, Jimmy.

How long have they been wrapped?

Since before I bought the car last year.

Users who are viewing this thread