terminator or 408

lethalvenom

Established Member
I have a 96 cobra with 83k on it and its spitting blue smoke like a smoke screen! i have always wanted to go bigger like dropping a 03 cobra motor in it but my buddy gave me the option of dropping a 408 in it for the same price as the 03 swap! i did some price checking and the windsor is cheaper to build and has more potential but i feel like i'm being a trator to the mod roots! what your opinion?????

lethalvenom

Established Member
that sounds like a really good idea! i thought about rebuilding the motor and maybe bolting on the 03 blower and ect. down the road! i just kinda wanted to keep its mod roots but i think its the more expensive route!
thanks for the input!

lethalvenom

Established Member
i had planned on getting a tubular k member and making my own motor mounts! is that what your talking about?

lethalvenom

Established Member
i'm still on the fence with the whole carb vs fuel injection thing! i don't know if i want to spray it or put a turbo or blower on it! any suggestions?
then which heads afr or vic jrs? and intakes? all i've known for the past couple years is 4 valves! i don't know much about push rod motors! all the advice and suggestions are greatly appreciated! thanks!!!!!

TL95SVT

Clean & Simple!
Established Member
Forged 408 with some AFR 225's, custom cam, and a trick flow box or hogan intake would be NASTY. I believe AJE makes a great k-member for the swap...

mdoan

Established Member
it depends on what u wanna do w/ the car. I'd personally go w/ the terminator motor if it'll cost the same, especially if its a DD car. Can't beat fuel injection and the dependability/driveability of the mod motors. The 408 would be badass for sure and probably a cheaper to upgrade, but it'd be a lot more maintenance IMO. Plus I like to keep a car w/ its roots, I would think the 96+ Cobras should have a 4v in 'em

amorrow

Established Member
408W with Weber velocity-stack carbureted setup! That would be truly unique, but admittedly I'd think twice about putting one in a late-model Cobra. I'd stay modular if I were you.

WhiteDevil

Pushrod Power
Established Member
amorrow said:
408W with Weber velocity-stack carbureted setup! That would be truly unique, but admittedly I'd think twice about putting one in a late-model Cobra. I'd stay modular if I were you.
But yeah i would stay modular too. Get urs rebuilt, forged, maybe 5.0 stroker, ported heads and some cams, and a blower and you will be set.

ryans01

Vacation in Iraq
Established Member
Forged 408 with some AFR 225's, custom cam, and a trick flow box or hogan intake would be NASTY. I believe AJE makes a great k-member for the swap...

my friend has that exact setup but a eldenbrock intake with a 250 shot
outran a crutch rocket hahahaha

Users who are viewing this thread