terminator or fox (retaining value)

big dad

Established Member
Both are safe investments in that if you buy them at the right price and take care of them you should be alright. The way I look at it, the Cobra gives you more performance but at a significantly higher cost. The Fox is more affordable while still being fun to drive, but not fast in stock trim by today’s standards. It all depends on what you like and how much you have to spend. Either way you end up with a great car with a strong following.

Well said, thing about the Fox is it's an old school hot rod, while the Terminator is very visceral and responds well to mods while still retaining good driver feedback if that makes sense.

ford fanatic

Four Eyed Freak
Established Member
Fox values are on the rise, I was approached in December about my 86' GT and the guy paid the number I wanted, so I sold it.

Since then I've been looking for a really clean low mile coupe or foxbody Saleen and prices are definitely up. I know I will spend $15-25K for the right car, but everyone thinks they have a Barrett Jackson car...

specracer

SVTOA MCA
Premium Member
I have both. Making the assumption you want blue chip, stock examples, I think both are safe to recoup what you invest. Both have hit their bottoms (foxes bottom was longer ago than the terminators).

RDJ

ZERO shits given
Established Member
Btw, the 03 has never been in the rain or any inclement weather. I might take it out this year and put 100 miles on it. The chicks dig either car, just kidding.
you sure about this? or would it be more accurate to say since you owned it? I get a chuckle out of this since people who say this usually have no idea how long it was on the lot before it got shipped, what the weather was while it was being shipped or how long it sat on the dealer lot before it was sold or what the weather was during all this time. Not to mention the fact that "never seen rain" has exactly zero to do with how much you can sell the car for

big dad

Established Member
you sure about this? or would it be more accurate to say since you owned it? I get a chuckle out of this since people who say this usually have no idea how long it was on the lot before it got shipped, what the weather was while it was being shipped or how long it sat on the dealer lot before it was sold or what the weather was during all this time. Not to mention the fact that "never seen rain" has exactly zero to do with how much you can sell the car for

Well, since you asked, I worked at that dealership when the car was delivered as a tech. It came off the transport, I prepped it the same day, it was Thursday Sept 5th 2002, it sat in my service bay up in the air that night till the next day when I drove it home, which was 12 miles.

The only water it's had on it was when the detail guys washed off the transport dust.

If you seen the car you'd know exactly that it's never been driven in inclement weather, the control arms, floor pans, and engine have no water spots and still retain the factory paint after nearly 16 years. Even the inner fender panels are clean. I'm kinda anal about that stuff, just ask anybody that knows me if you could.

So, I guess that makes me the exception too the rule. Hope this cleared up any of your doubts.

Last edited:

IronSnake

Beers for the boys
Established Member
Well, since you asked, I worked at that dealership when the car was delivered as a tech. It came off the transport, I prepped it the same day, it was Thursday Sept 5th 2002, it sat in my service bay up in the air that night till the next day when I drove it home, which was 12 miles.

The only water it's had on it was when the detail guys washed off the transport dust.

If you seen the car you'd know exactly that it's never been driven in inclement weather, the control arms, floor pans, and engine have no water spots and still retain the factory paint after nearly 16 years. Even the inner fender panels are clean. I'm kinda anal about that stuff, just ask anybody that knows me if you could.

So, I guess that makes me the exception too the rule. Hope this cleared up any of your doubts.

Thank you for giving RDJ the middle finger over the internet. It makes my morning infinitely better.

RDJ

ZERO shits given
Established Member
Thanks guys, I suppose it's kinda like someone who backed into a buzz saw and then wondered which tooth hit him first.
actually not at all. and seeing as how you and the other nut swingers want to make it an argument I will oblige you. You STILL don't know if it has been in rain or not period. congratulations on working at the dealership. what happened before it got there? if it is on a hauler and it rains the undercarriage would be clean. if it sat on a lot for a few days and got rained on the undercarriage would be clean. you are far from a buzz saw sport.

BrunotheBoxer

PUREBLOOD MASTERRACE
Established Member
Born and raised Brockton. Living in Naples.
actually not at all. and seeing as how you and the other nut swingers want to make it an argument I will oblige you. You STILL don't know if it has been in rain or not period. congratulations on working at the dealership. what happened before it got there? if it is on a hauler and it rains the undercarriage would be clean. if it sat on a lot for a few days and got rained on the undercarriage would be clean. you are far from a buzz saw sport.

Instead of being a jealous **** (which is a low T soyboy trait) why don’t you just acknowledge for once that you was cucked?

IronSnake

Beers for the boys
Established Member

Just because your lady parts don't have sores on them doesn't mean you don't have herpes. When's the last time you've been tested? Have you had every woman you've ever had sexual relations with tested? Where's the paper work? What about the men they've all had sex with?

Talk about semantics on a high horse. Madonna aspires to be at your level of drama.

RDJ

ZERO shits given
Established Member
Just because your lady parts don't have sores on them doesn't mean you don't have herpes. When's the last time you've been tested? Have you had every woman you've ever had sexual relations with tested? Where's the paper work? What about the men they've all had sex with?
dunno have you asked your boyfriends where their paperwork is? are they registered with the akC? you might want to find out. wouldn't want you hanging out with the wrong crowd

IronSnake

Beers for the boys
Established Member
dunno have you asked your boyfriends where their paperwork is? are they registered with the akC? you might want to find out. wouldn't want you hanging out with the wrong crowd

Ouu a gay and beastiality joke. I think i'm going to have to take my horse and cart to the local 18th century pub tonight and cry into my mead.

Because that's how unoriginal and dated your jokes are.

Users who are viewing this thread