Terminator Prices

BlackenedSVT

The Clown has it out 4 me
Established Member
(I realize this is a pretty biased place to ask this question but...)

Ok I have to ask, what in the WORLD is up with terminator prices? Almost everyone selling one is asking $25-28,000. I gotta ask, how on earth is that possible.

Edmunds Value's the 2003's at around 17k and the 2004's around 19k (private party value). Even retail from a dealer they are priced at $22k AT BEST.

Im undergoing problems with work and am selling my 07 Shelby GT500, and possibly in the spring am looking to get back into my old 2004 Terminator I had before the shelby. But I gotta say...looking at the prices now, its not looking like a good idea at all. If I paid $25-28k or more for an 03 or 04 cobra i couldn't help but feel like I got HOSED

I paid $27,000 for my 04 Cobra with 14kmiles on it *2+* years ago. The 2003 and 2004 cobras are freaking 5-6 years old now and people are still asking their original sticker prices back then, NOW?!

Does anyone ELSE find these prices people are asking rediculous?!

Last edited:

swoosh_stang

I'm not evil, Trust Me
Established Member
Apparently you haven't looked very much, the only ones I've see priced like that are either ultra low production numbers with super low miles, or ones that have $20k in mods.

weems

Mach Won
Established Member
Cars are only worth what people are willing to pay for them. Probably why its so tough to sell a car right now.

03dsgcobranc

Fujiwara zone
Established Member
like everything else, the nicer and lower mileage the more you'll pay
specialty cars don't always follow blue book.. just look how much a nice Grand National or Supra will still cost you.
can you just refinance your GT500 and keep it?

Last edited:

BlackenedSVT

Established Member
Yeah well most on the forums here are asking 25k+ (no offense guys)
And there are a few at dealerships who want 22k lowest and 28k highest for mostly bone stock cobras. Its disheartening. Even though I love the terminators, thats just a lot of cash for that old of a car.

BlackenedSVT

Established Member
like everything else, the nicer and lower mileage the more you'll pay
specialty cars don't always follow blue book.. just look how much a nice Grand National or Supra will still cost you.
can you just refinance your GT500 and keep it?

refinancing only works if you can put more money down to lower the loan payments. Or increase the loan duration, but then you're paying more interest.

Nah I think i've realized that the GT500 is just too much car for me right now. And I dont mean I can't handle the car. I just mean im 26, dont have a garage for it, its my daily driver. I want to take it to the track but dont want to break it. Its just a Catch22 and I think i've finally come to the conclusion that at my point in my life right now its just not the car for me. And it sucks because I love it more than anything, and I spent my savings finally getting one.

...but I think I want to get my old terminator again. Something that the payments aren't too high on and that I can modify and race at the tracks. I baby the Gt500 and im missing out on that fun.

jtm

now more boost included
Established Member
just saw a mint redfire vert on here last week for 19,000 or best offer.with onl 10,000 miles. one of the best deals ive seen. you gotta pay to play. these cars are still one of the best performace cars for the money

BigSweezey

<insert witty title here>
Established Member
The same reason supra's go for 25k+, late 60's camaro's go for 20k+, ect ect.
It's what the market brings.
Plus 9/10th of the cars in the market are really low mileage.

BlackenedSVT

Established Member
Yeah I just think thats wild. Basically because I paid 27k 2 years ago and now im thinking about getting back into one
and the price is still 27k. Im like WTF?!? How do you NOT feel like you got ripped off with a situation like that, ya know.

03dsgcobranc

Fujiwara zone
Established Member
because they are still a good new model performance value. most everything else comparable in performance cost a lot more (corvette,camaro ss, Gt500, etc.)

thomas91169

# of bans = 5203
Established Member
(I realize this is a pretty biased place to ask this question but...)

Ok I have to ask, what in the WORLD is up with terminator prices? Almost everyone selling one is asking $25-28,000. I gotta ask, how on earth is that possible.

Edmunds Value's the 2003's at around 17k and the 2004's around 19k (private party value). Even retail from a dealer they are priced at $22k AT BEST.

Im undergoing problems with work and am selling my 07 Shelby GT500, and possibly in the spring am looking to get back into my old 2004 Terminator I had before the shelby. But I gotta say...looking at the prices now, its not looking like a good idea at all. If I paid $25-28k or more for an 03 or 04 cobra i couldn't help but feel like I got HOSED

I paid $27,000 for my 04 Cobra with 14kmiles on it *2+* years ago. The 2003 and 2004 cobras are freaking 5-6 years old now and people are still asking their original sticker prices back then, NOW?!

Does anyone ELSE find these prices people are asking rediculous?!

sellers and owners who think they are worth that much are listing them at outrageous prices. Funny thing, is these cars will still be listed 6mo to a year from now, in a bumped thread thats 4 pages of the owner going "Bump".

People that actually want or need to sell, will sell theirs for a bit over KBB value, and the car will move.

i was smart when i bought mine for $22k back in 2006, then smarter when i sold it for $23,500 a few months later, then stupider when i bought it back for $26k cause it had rims and boltons done that I didnt feel like doing. Two years later, i could barely sell it for $18k in a marketplace like CA where all the other shitter 03/04 that have been beaten to death were going for $22k or more. I tried putting mine at the same price everyone elses was, no bites, not even nibbles. I put it at $19k and got some interest, stuck it at $18k and got it sold.

Theres awesome deals out there people, you just have to wait and look long and hard for them, but they come around. I saw a black 04 vert in Fresno for $17,500 with 75k on the clock, looked great from the pics.

I find Craigslist is the best place to find great deals on any car. SVTP forum is a great place to sell and get what you "feel" the car is worth, but its not going to move half as fast as if you listed it at what its really worth on a site like Craigslist.

Last edited:

Jefe

Established Member
I rarely see any over $25k anymore. Must not be looking here...5 of the first 6 Cobras in the market are under $22k with low mileage

Last edited:

03dsgcobranc

Fujiwara zone
Established Member
refinancing only works if you can put more money down to lower the loan payments. Or increase the loan duration, but then you're paying more interest.

would increasing the loan duration be better for you in the long run than getting rid of it and buying an 03-04?

jpro

Disoriented Poster
Established Member
Mine is for sale over in the Market for $20K. 2004 SY coupe with 44K on it. I think its a fair deal, but I'm willing to negotiate. I haven't really had a bite on it either. Paint is fantastic and it is very lightly modded (CAI, exhaust). I don't think its worth $25K and I wouldn't ask that for it.

offroadkarter

Professional S***poster
Established Member
All the dealers around here when they even had terminators wanted 25 grand for them... But the highest of the 3 i looked at had like 26k miles on it, lowest was 13k

I at least hope when i'm in the market for a terminator, prices will have dropped a good amount (hopefully this spring/summer if i get a F'ing job) i can sell my car (which NADA says is worth 12 grand, thanks panther platform resale syndrome) and have enough saved for a cobra...

yellow03cobra

Established Member
Every one that has a nice one has modded that crap out of them which is why they are asking so much. Honestly I can't think of many cobras around me that don't have aftermarket blowers or turbos.

Users who are viewing this thread