Terminator radiator into fox body?

wheelhopper

Established Member
I have an opportunity to get a good deal on a radiator from an '03 Cobra. I need to upgrade the factory radiator anyway. Has anyone done this and can you tell me whether it was an easy install or would I be better off getting a radiator specifically made for the fox body?

ShortThrow50

Always buyin cheap tires
Established Member
Not tryin to steer you away from the idea but fwiw I always used my stock rad for several different apps. I ran it with stock t stat and with H/C/I + S-trim 10 psi and then on my high compression 347. Never creeped above 190 degrees even with a/c and in 100 degree temps. Unless of course you use an electric fan. People always have cooling issues with those. Stock fan clutch is the way to go. I mentioned all of this becuase you mentioned it was time for an upgraded radiator

87ttop

Established Member
it sould bolt right in. all you have to do is cut off the plastic tabs at the bottom of the radiator and you can even use the factory rubbers. alot of people do this on 4.6 swaps.

wheelhopper

Established Member
Not tryin to steer you away from the idea but fwiw I always used my stock rad for several different apps. I ran it with stock t stat and with H/C/I + S-trim 10 psi and then on my high compression 347. Never creeped above 190 degrees even with a/c and in 100 degree temps. Unless of course you use an electric fan. People always have cooling issues with those. Stock fan clutch is the way to go. I mentioned all of this becuase you mentioned it was time for an upgraded radiator

I run my car on the road course, so the car runs around 5000rpm for 20+ minutes at a time. Try that with your next built motor and stock radiator.

ShortThrow50

Always buyin cheap tires
Established Member
I run my car on the road course, so the car runs around 5000rpm for 20+ minutes at a time. Try that with your next built motor and stock radiator.

ok, if you go back and read my post, I was offering some words in a kind manner in your thread. Next you come back with a bullshit smart reply.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread