Terminator stock radio question??? Any Help?

WestTX03

Established Member
Just bought an 03. It came without the stereo. Ordered a stock 6 disc for it and it seems that the connectors on the harness and back of radio are different. The harness plugs are smaller and black and red. I've looked at photos of the radio model and the harness plugs it uses are all grey and wide. Did I get the wrong radio? Where can I find the original harness plugs? Thanks!

quad

Established Member
Just bought an 03. It came without the stereo. Ordered a stock 6 disc for it and it seems that the connectors on the harness and back of radio are different. The harness plugs are smaller and black and red. I've looked at photos of the radio model and the harness plugs it uses are all grey and wide. Did I get the wrong radio? Where can I find the original harness plugs? Thanks!

The 03 and 04 stereos have different plugs. You bought an 04 unit. I think there is an adaptor that can convert it for you. Why did you not just get an aftermarket head unit?

quad

Established Member
Thanks for the advice. I bought the radio cheap to fill the hole until I found a NAV unit I like.

Ok. I did a quick search and came up with this:
Seems like too much work though and you may as well just get a decent aftermarket unit and harness. But that's just me.

Here is the reverse radio harness for the 04.

Scosche - Reverse Wiring Harness for Select 2003 or Later Ford Vehicles - FD23RB - Best Buy

And here is the harness that will fit the existing wire

Metra - Wiring Harness for Select 1998-2008 Ford Vehicles - Multicolored - 70-1771 - Best Buy

You should be able to wire them together and be fine. Just make sure to turn on the factory amps by wiring all the blue wires together.

I haven't personally tried this but it should work. Also why I gave you links to a best buy so that you can purchase them locally and if all else fails return them locally. But I'm pretty positive if wired correctly it will work.

Last edited:

quad

Established Member
I have this in my 03 and it works pretty good but have not yet had a chance to try all the features. There are better units but this one is not too expensive. It utilizes your smartphone for GPS navigation apps, Pandora via Bluetooth etc. and has a DVD player. You can also play back audio via wired connection to the phone or USB devices.

Actually it comes with GPS built-in so you can navigate without a smartphone.

AppRadio 3 (SPH-DA210) - <b>NEW!</b> - In-Dash iPhone® and Android™ Compatible Car Receiver with 7" Capacitive Multi-Touchscreen, DVD/CD Player, Bluetooth®, MirrorLink™, and On-Screen Access to Compatible App

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread