terminator swap guys- port on bypass valve hooked to what?

encasedmetal

WHINO!
Established Member
On my KB 2.6h I have my autometer boost gauge and aeromotive fpr routed together to the npt fitting on the lower manifold. but what do I hook the port of the bypass valve to? do I leave it open? someone suggested that I cap it off but that can't be right. any help here?

encasedmetal

WHINO!
Established Member
Check out my Terminator vacuum/boost system documentation. It should help you figure it out: http://www.accutach.com/Documents/VacuumHarnessSchematicR2.pdf

I am running a far from stock setup vacuum wise.
I have both valve covers going to a open catch can
the fpr and boost gauge are hooked up at the port on the lower blower manifold
first nipple on the inlet is hooked to the firewall vacuum reference.
everything else is capped off
I had the the bypass hooked to my boost gauge only and was getting no showing of boost so I moved the gauge to the port on the lower manifold but now left with no idea of what to do with the port on the bypass valve.

mwolson

Gray beard
Established Member
The theory is that when there is vacuum, you are not at WOT, so the bypass valve is open. That allows the blower to just spin, not compressing the air. this keeps things cooler and doesn't load the engine at idle and part throttle. When you go WOT, the vacuum goes away and the bypass valve closes, causing the air in the intake to be compressed.

I would test the bypass valve with a vacuum tester. It should be closed with no vacuum and you should see it open when you put vacuum on it.

Then I would just hook it up to a vacuum source, not a vacuum/boost source.

I haven't done this, but it makes sense to me...

Users who are viewing this thread