Terminator swap question

Captain Fluffy Nuggies

Established Member
Premium Member
I'm currently starting to toss around ideas on the path I want my Cobra to take in the future when it comes to making some serious power. Now I know that a Coyote swap seems to be a no-brainer in a lot of ways but I want to really get the most out of what I have...the almighty Teksid!

Twin turbos are a good choice, but I'm thinking more Terminator swap at this point (anyone who's done a Terminator swap or knows the ins and outs of it is welcome to offer their knowledge here)

My question is....can I build up the internals with all the goodies, and could I, 'in theory' swap the heads, the intake, fuel pump, the S/C and the front cover and all the other parts from a donor car to essentially have a working Terminator swap without being an iron block? Obviously, I know it will take some wiring magic as well and other things buttoned up from the donor, but my main concern is can it be done? I'm sure someone will say that you can build an iron block up for cheaper and blah blah blah, but I want to keep things light in the front and be able to make some real power out of a Teksid block without going to twin turbos or nitrous. I've heard that you're only saving something like 40 pounds by having the Teksid versus the Iron, but I want to keep what I have, seeing how it's original to my Cobra...call me old fashioned. I'm not saying money is no object here either, I would essentially want to buy an entire drivetrain from a wrecked car, or better yet, the entire wrecked car and dismantle everything bit by bit and swap it over. I've heard Teksid blocks can handle quite a bit of power and the main weak point has always been the pistons and rods. I've heard they already have a forged crank, but that could've been someone that's talking out of their butt.

Thoughts?

venom1997

Screwed by the Twins
Established Member
96-98 cobras have teksid forged block and forged crank just getpistons and rods you can do an 03-04 supercharger as you would need c heads and lower supercharger intake from a donor car etc. 96-98 are return fuel system and I know all the terminator setups are returnless on the fuel rails for the super charger setups they may make return style rails for them though

Sent from my iPhone using svtperformance.com

Captain Fluffy Nuggies

Established Member
Premium Member
96-98 cobras have teksid forged block and forged crank just getpistons and rods you can do an 03-04 supercharger as you would need c heads and lower supercharger intake from a donor car etc. 96-98 are return fuel system and I know all the terminator setups are returnless on the fuel rails for the super charger setups they may make return style rails for them though

That would go along with all the "etc" that would need to be figured out from the donor.

Captain Fluffy Nuggies

Established Member
Premium Member

Do you know if the front cover is a direct bolt-on replacement?

Users who are viewing this thread