Terminator Swap

lastdeployment

Established Member
Dale, if you're buying, I'll watch him do the install... Since I won't be doing much at the track with it, I'm not sure I'd benefit from the kit anyway.

rowapr

car part addict
Established Member
if you need a connector chart with part #s and pictures i can scan copy's just let me know how many cavity's are in the connector

98SaleenSnake

Established Member
I notice you're leaving the old power steering/booster set up in there. It's a little bit easier to just swap the 04 stuff in there. If I remember the power steering pulley is a little bit wider on the 97.

98SaleenSnake

Established Member
I have the 04 booster and power steering stuff. Just haven't swapped it out yet.

When I put that set up in my 98 I had to dremel the top end of the large hole that the booster goes thru to get the bolt holes to line up. You might have to do the same I used a dremel and a half moon file. Do you have the 04 rack and pinion too?

Last edited:

98SaleenSnake

Established Member
No. Just my 97 steering rack.

You're going to have to make a custom hose to attach to the booster. I'll take a pic to show you

7uva6a8u.jpg
de5ejape.jpg
hyta4y9u.jpg

Hope that helps a little it cost me less than 100 bucks to have made. It's pretty long to I think like 20 inches. I have it wrapped around the booster if it was any shorter the hose fittings wouldn't line up.

Last edited:

lastdeployment

Established Member
Ok. Good to know. I'm curious though, with the 97 rack and the 04 power steering pump, lines, and reservoir, would I still need a custom made hose?

lastdeployment

Established Member
Pics added.

Continued working on the car last night... The master cylinder and brake booster has been removed. Most of the brake lines have also been removed from the engine bay. The old ABS module has been removed. Door harnesses have been ordered from MPS and should be in this week.

lastdeployment

Established Member
updated the pics. Brake booster and master cylinder was installed last night. Power steering lines were installed (except the upper line that goes to the cooler)...
In the process of replacing the door harnesses as well.

PACIFICGREENSVT

Established Member
Nice work I did mine a few years ago. I just took both power steering lines 97-04 to a welder and had him weld the 97 end on the 04 hose, problem solved.
IMAG0210.jpg

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread