Terminator vs. Other cars you've owned

20psirabbit

Established Member
i come from canyon racing 2000-2500 lb. cars, and i can tell you the weight of my cobra is noticeable. however, i can say that with bone stock (garbage) suspension on my car when i first got it, i was honestly very surprised the more i pushed it in the corners. the irs does a phenomenal job, you can really feel it working. the steering gets better with rack bushings alone, and obviously even better with a k-member, arms, etc. i will bet my dollar when i'm done with my suspension i'll be able to drive circles around most of the other cars on your list.
the only car on that list i'd take over mine is a c6 z06. only because it's a monster stock, and it only gets better with mods. but bang for your buck IMO these cars are really unbeatable.
you're not going to have the interior quality of the m3, but then again you won't pay m3 money to fix it. so it's all a big trade off at the end of the day, and it really comes down to you.
if i was you, i'd go drive one of these cars and spend some time in it. drive staright, drive corners, see how you feel. that's what i did, and after that weekend in my friend's car i parted/sold both my cars and started looking for a cobra LOL.

Steve2050

Established Member
I've owned a few fast cars and the Cobra is as solid a car you'll get for the money. There are minor issues that can be sorted out relatively inexpensively. I like the E46 M3 but to get them make power is very costly. The interior of a C5 Z is not my favorite either but the car itself has a great platform. I'd never look at the ricer options.

Fireguy615

Mom! The Meatloaf!
Established Member
For the money they are trading for these days, you just can't beat it. M3s, Supras, Vettes, etc are all still pretty expensive. These are great Jekyll/Hyde cars. Docile and quiet around town for your commute, and then a raw, uncaged animal when you put your foot into it.

As far as handling goes, they are underrated. Heavy, yes, but there's some nice R&D under there that keeps this a very flat handling car. A friend of mine who wouldn't shut up about his Saleen Racecraft setup got out-autocrossed by my car, and we were making the same power!

These cars don't come without their warts. The interior is an absolute joke for a car that cost $40K new. They are woefully under-braked for their weight and power level. But the drivetrain is a slice of heaven, as is the V8 sound that you just cant get from cars with less cylinders.

For what they are selling for, it doesn't take a genius to see these cars are fantastic deals for the muscle car crowd.

Users who are viewing this thread