Terminators and nitrous question

SVTgriff

www.SONICspeeds.net
Established Member
Why is it not that popular to put a 03/04 Cobra on Nitrous?

I have seen and heard of some, but if it were great I would figure it would be a mod like adding a pulley and everyone would be juicing.

I had the idea to do nitrous on mine cuz its cheaper than adding a KB.....

I know the power is not there "all the time" like a KB but it would give you enough for a good track time and rwhp numbers, right?

and, a nitrous shot would help cool the intake right?

Wet or dry? How big a shot....50, 100, 150????

Any thoughts or advice.....good or bad.

Thanks

Last edited:

striker_29

One Man Gang
Established Member
Not sure what your basing that on. Porting and spraying seems to be the preferred alternative to going KB/ Whipple. At least thats what I have seen/ read about.

SVTgriff

www.SONICspeeds.net
Established Member
Really, I guess I am just not seeing or talking to the right people...:(

So, there is no issues with the juice?

Might have to look into getting juiced:D

Nice video Jake!

neatofrito1618

Established Member
A lot of the people with Terminators that spray do it to cool the engine, the engines make power so easily its almost cheaper just to get power thats there all the time. I'm not a expert on the power limits of the internals but it could probaly handle a 125 or 150 shot on a good tune.

04MystiCobra

Tuning L&M heart
Established Member
I'm sprayin. Love it too! Wish gas didnt cost as much as the nitrous though.
100 dry shot after the maf from Dynotunes. Mile Hi made the tune.
Its a bandaid til I get a Whipple.

Last edited:

Hissssnsvt

Proud MACA Member
Established Member
solidsnak3 said:
i know its been asked before, but what about twinscrew plus a 75 shot dry. is this safe. if not why?

thanks.

With the right fuel and supporting mods, absolutely. For how long, that all depends on your driving habits and how often you actually use the nitrous, among other things. I plan on going to a 75 shot soon, currently use a 50 shot jet, .032, with 20#'s of boost and a safe tune. I havent ran the ET I'm looking for yet with the spray but this combo has got me 135+mph traps on 28" slicks, stock gears, without powershifting(no window switch at the time)
kauffmans50shot.jpg

Sorry about the mph graph, its the only nitrous dyno graph I have that shows my a/f.

solidsnak3

NOVA STOCK
Established Member
i plan on running 17 psi off a whipple and having a 50 shot for when race day arrives. longevity and safety are my top priorities. would this be a good combo given that the tune and fuel mods are all in place?

Last edited:

BADASS03SVT

Established Member
solidsnak3 said:
i plan on running 17 psi off a whipple and having a 50 shot for when race day arrives. longevity and safety are my top priorities. would this be a good combo given that the tune and fuel mods are all in place?

sounds good..longevity would depend on how often "race day" arrives.

Evil_SVT

Established Member
Hell yeah the JUICE is great!!
I first started with a 20 shot is was alright!
then I went 40 shot and OH SH!t that was a jump! I grew some balls and was going to go with a 100 shot but I found a whipple so I didnt have the chance to use it :( but man juice is the sh!tznitz!, But im going to do the 17lbs whipple with a 20 shot for cool down :D
I used the compucar nitrous in the bag dry shot before the maf.

95blowncobra

95blowncobra
Established Member
Hey Griff......ask Tim.....he will knwo for sure. He told me to get a 75 shot and urs and my car are just about the same!! I would do that??

Thrust

Established Member
I think that Tim uses nitrous works wet kits on his cars. I plan on talking to him about adding a kit before the year is out.

Hissssnsvt

Proud MACA Member
Established Member
boosty said:
dam hisssssnsvt is that a kb car

2.3 Whipple.... :beer:

SVTgriff said:
Who makes the best kit?

I'm not sure what is the "best kit" for our cars. I have a dynotune dry kit and bottle heater, although I recently swapped the solenoid out to a NOS powershot noid. I also have a TPS switch to activate the nitrous along with a MSD digital window switch, which I havent tried out yet. This weekend I'm installing my ZEX purge kit so hopefully I'll get to the track next weekend.

SVTgriff

www.SONICspeeds.net
Established Member
95blowncobra said:
Hey Griff......ask Tim.....he will knwo for sure. He told me to get a 75 shot and urs and my car are just about the same!! I would do that??

Yeah, I need to just haven't been over on the MPH forum in a while.... :bash:

Users who are viewing this thread