Test drove a 2011 Powerstroke today.

SID297

OWNER/ADMIN
Administrator
It was an F-250 CC SRW 4x4. The truck felt really strong. The throttle response was really impressive, better than the 6.4 in the SVTP F-350. The brakes were a bit disappointing, but I think this is because they switched to vacuum boost on the SRW trucks. I like the feel of hydro boost much more. I also didn't like the new headliner and visors, they seemed very cheap. By far the most impressive feature is the new 6R140 tranny. It shifts fast and smoothly, and the manual shift feature is awesome. I wish the SVTP F-350 was equipped with it. Overall I really like the new powertrain combo. If Ford doesn't have any big problems in the reliability department with the 6.7 I think they will have a real winner on their hands.

Two other things to note, I didn't like that the engine block was left unpainted and I like that the truck had an aluminum drive shaft.

SNCBOOM

Established Member
More of a side question: Did the older model trucks not a have an aluminum DS? I didn't know if the aluminum DS was lightning-specific if not.

sneakysnake03

SVT
Established Member
The only thing I dont like about the truck is the front end its so big, but I love the instument cluster with the big display.

03mgtermi

Established Member
hasn't been made yet, as the order was just placed they have to add all the options i requested, etc etc...but yes, i believe the truck plant is in Louisville.

Users who are viewing this thread