Test drove an ST

fiveohalex

Fiveohalex
Established Member
Drove a loaded st and have 0 complaints about the power, ent system...the seats are terrible but that's opinion based i guess. My main concern is the steering or lack there of. When pulling out of the spot it was in at the dealership i noticed that you don't even get one full turn from the steering wheel and the car does not turn tight at all...As in turning radius. Drove a wrx and GTI and those things turn in super tight circles. Just wondering if thats the case with all of them or did i drive some ****ed up version of an ST.

Steve@Tasca

Performance versions virtually never have the same turning radius as the standard mom and pop version.

I'd bet if you compared the WRX and GTI to base models you'll find the same thing.

fiveohalex

Fiveohalex
Established Member
Performance versions virtually never have the same turning radius as the standard mom and pop version.

I'd bet if you compared the WRX and GTI to base models you'll find the same thing.

I test drove a golf and GTI and both of them had very similar turning radius the Focus ST basically has half of the turning radius as a WRX or GTI I was just wondering if that's a normal thing because if it is that would be a dealbreaker I won't be able to get into a tight spot just parking the car, Id have to do a three point turn to get out of my driveway

TRBO VNM

No, that is typical. Turning radius isn't that great.

Seats are different in all three trim levels.

Steve@Tasca

Ford typically installs different steering stops along with the wider tires so all SVT line vehicles (and now ST)have had worse turning circles than the normal cars.

Users who are viewing this thread