Test Drove The SVT Focus

99Cobra Supercharged

Established Member
Went to the Dealer yesterday to test drive a Focus ZX3 with a friend. Only problem was the only manual transmission they had was the SVT Focus. So the dealer says take the car for the afternoon.. Take as long as you like.. Drive the car up in the hills, on the freeway.. Really get a feel for the car.. After I picked my jaw off the floor, I thought..”Well Allright..Lets get it on”.

Now understand I own a 2002 Lightning and a 99 Cobra Superchargered so I have a pretty good understanding of what SVT is all about. I heard how impressive the SVT Focus is and love to watch WRC on Speedvision. But after a driving this car I have to agree. It is impressive. Very fun car to drive. I love the handling, comfort and ease to drive, the responsive steering and just the over all experience. Awesome brakes too, unlike the Lightning. Power was pretty good. Not great, just enough to have tons of fun and tear up a track or 2. For 18K I think its worth it. Especially when the dealer said no markup we could buy it.

My only 3 things they could improve on. Reverse, finding it was a bit of a pain. No armrest as found in the ZX3. The seats are good, very comfy, but could be more supportive for aggressive driving.

Focus1.jpg

Focus2.jpg

Focus3.jpg

Focus4.jpg

99Cobra Supercharged

Established Member
The payments we could not get low enough unfortunently. Plus its hard to beat the $3000 off factory discounts right now. That made a difference of $6500 overall between the ZX3 and the SVT. Price is what was limiting us otherwise we would of bought it no problem.

cruznsvt

Established Member
See, this is what I'm talking about.

People are buying these just because of the price. They have no idea what they are getting. Can you imagine someone sat back and said "hmmm which should I get a zx3 or a SVT hmmm" How the heck to you compare the two.

10 years from now there will be very few left because most will be treating it like a regular car.

svt4real

Established Member
you are right on!!!!! i am saving at my pennys to buy a beater car so i can quit putting the miles on my fsvt!!!

Users who are viewing this thread