Test fitting some wheels *pics*

dumbstixlars

Established Member
These are actually for my 12', but since I didn't have them on the car yet I wanted to see how they fit/looked on my 91. The tires are really too tall, but they fit. They are 18X9's (6.3 backspacing, +30mm offset) with 255/45's on them. They actually fit better then I thought they would. I had to unbolt my quad shock, and it rubs the tail pipe (no surprise there). Whenever I get around to getting a set for it I'll likely go with 99-04 height tires instead of 05+ sized tires. Please excuse the car's absolute nastiness, it's been parked since late December and I haven't been able to wash it.

26o8k.jpg

27zoe0.jpg

2s9bq55.jpg

It actually looks better then I thought it would. I don't think I could safely run the 255/45's up front as there isn't a whole lot of breathing room up there, plus I'm not sure what I would do about the tail pipes as I don't like dumps and I feel they are an essential part to the look of an LX.

mustangmanjeff

Established Member
you can remove ur quad shocks and run a spacer out back to clear the tire, and 255's should clear up front, I run 255/35 18 inch tires / rims on my 95 5.0 and they clear easy upfront and outback

Neverbdonegt

Established Member
It actually looks better then I thought it would. I don't think I could safely run the 255/45's up front as there isn't a whole lot of breathing room up there, plus I'm not sure what I would do about the tail pipes as I don't like dumps and I feel they are an essential part to the look of an LX.
Have you tried spacers for the rears? Are your front and rear fenders rolled?

dumbstixlars

Established Member
you can remove ur quad shocks and run a spacer out back to clear the tire, and 255's should clear up front, I run 255/35 18 inch tires / rims on my 95 5.0 and they clear easy upfront and outback

You have a lot more room then I do up front I think.

Have you tried spacers for the rears? Are your front and rear fenders rolled?

Nah, I don't like spacers, sides, this was just a trial run as I bought these for my 2012 GT.

Shifty Powers

The Shifty Mobile
Established Member
is that rear tire in the pictures mounted wrong? Or just meant to be on the other side of the car?

Otherwise those look pretty interesting on your fox. and the fox looks pretty damn good man!

dumbstixlars

Established Member
is that rear tire in the pictures mounted wrong? Or just meant to be on the other side of the car?

Otherwise those look pretty interesting on your fox. and the fox looks pretty damn good man!

Thanks. I assume you mean the tread pattern? It's right, these are the two fronts that are going onto my 12" GT. So it's going to end up on the passenger front.

Users who are viewing this thread