Testing the waters

svtTom01

Motorboatin' S.O.B
Established Member
I have been contemplating selling the L due to the fact that I really need a 03 Cobra or newer supercharged Saleen convert. What should I expect to get if I sell the L outright? I owe a little over 26,000 dollars on it and want to get close to breaking even so that I can start out all over again, no negative equity. The truck is flawless and only has 10,500 miles. Everything in my sig would be included. Is 26 G's a good starting point? I might even sell it so I can get an 03 or 04 L.

jakhammer

Established Member
i bought my 01 with 20649 miles on it 2 weeks ago and paid $22988 which was the best deal I had found. Granted it was bone stock. I didnt see any 01 Ls in Michigan with that low of miles, but the highest priced used L I found was an 02 with 1667 miles on it and the price was $27996. I would think that you could get $26k for it if there isnt many around your area, especially if you let the audio go with it. But you will probably take a loss on the total package.

Chris

svtTom01

Motorboatin' S.O.B
Established Member
Only thing installed right now is the Kenwood DVD flip out monitor and two pairs of Infinity Kappa 5x7's. Stock engine. I have the three xtant amps, subs, and wiring all new in the box and I might sell that separately to help with the down payment on a Cobra or Saleen supercharged. I am still undecided and will likely wait until next spring but I want to get some input. Thanks for all your help.

SNCBOOM

Established Member
Hmmm.....You could start at 26k but you can get an 03 now for right around 30 or 31 so if I were looking at an L again...I'd just spend 4k more for a new one...but you may get 26. Good luck :thumbsup:

svtTom01

Motorboatin' S.O.B
Established Member
Yeah, thats what I was thinking. I might trade mine in to get a new one. I really dislike the back end being all high up on the new ones.

ShaneN.

Established Member
out of curiousity, why would youw ant to get an 03 instead of an 01?

MaxPower

She likes Spaghetti
Established Member
You'll eat it on a trade in - most dealerships will bend you over and ...well...

Best bet is to find a good buyer.

svtTom01

Motorboatin' S.O.B
Established Member
I don't really know why. I love the sonic blue cobras but a cobra really isn't what i need right now. I need to tow my bass boat. I really like the 03 L in sonic blue.

Users who are viewing this thread