Texas emissions test

Jabooh1

Established Member
So you could buy LT headers with a Catted mid pipe. Then the catless sections and just seitch in and out for emissions right? With a tune swap of course.

Thinking the Kooks or ARH version as it looks like cats can come out in about 20 minutes.

92fiveohfox

Established Member
I think the only way to get past it, is put cats on for inspection. I would think the smell of a catless exhaust would tip them off. As far as getting past the computer test, they have a dummy file from a car that has passed emissions inspection.

Wouldn't the "dummy file" have the wrong vin and vehicle info, now that it's sent directly to the gov?

txcharlie

Never fast enough
Established Member
I'm not sure how they made it work. I read about it in a newspaper report on "emissions fraud".

H-TownMachI

It's the Hamburglar
Established Member
I have Dynotech longtubes and their catted x pipe. I passed with 1 monitor not ready. It as my fuel monitor as I have a upgraded fuel system. Get with you tuner. It can be done.

killjoy47

Just had car inspected about 2 weeks ago all showed Not Supported or N/A and 1 Not Ready passes no problem!
LT, Catted X(high flow cats still threw CEL), O2 sensor circuit would never ready because O2 sensor heater would never complete its Drive Cycle.
Finally had the "Tune" adjusted to fix that for inspection only.

Rct851

Established Member
Failed after 700 miles.... Benjamin inspection passed first time... Who knew

Last edited:

Rct851

Established Member
I have an AED tune and I'm more than happy with it. Passing an inspection without having cats wasn't a requirement or expectation

Synyster06Gates

SVT Poster
Established Member
Easy to pass. Turn OBD2 monitors off. Everything reads not supported. Did that with my 06. Had LTs and no cats.

IMG_20140516_093811_zpsubysnri0.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread