Texas LEOs.

BlueOvalAvenger

Beerknurd
Established Member
Im in a bit of a bind I believe. About 3 days ago I recieved a letter from the police department saying I had a warrant out for a traffic ticket I got over a year ago. The ticket is correct..I was set up on a payment plan and simply forgot about it. Anyways, the problem I have is my license expired on my birthday and I can't cash my paychecks without a current license. A co-worker of mine told me that if I went to renew my license with a warrant that I would be arrested at the DPS. Is this true? I can't pay for the warrant until I cash my check so Im in a tight spot. Going to jail while trying to renew my license would make things even worse. Thanks ahead of time.

FordSVTFan

Oh, the humanity of it all.
Established Member
Right now if you are stopped, you will be arrested as well. Have someone else cash your checks, friends or relatives, and then you can renew your D.L. You need to call the court and see what options you have right now to deal with the warrant. That is your biggest issue.

BlueOvalAvenger

Beerknurd
Established Member
I agree that the warrant is my biggest issue and I planned on taking care of it. I just totally forgot about it until I got the letter in the mail the other day. The warrant is only 133 bucks so its not that big of a deal. How would one go about having a friend or relative cashing my paycheck? Thanks for the reply.

FordSVTFan

Oh, the humanity of it all.
Established Member
The warrant being $133 isnt the problem. The problem is you getting arrested. Once arrested, even if you straighten it out and pay, the arrest will always be on your record.

Endorse your paycheck over to someone else and they can cash it.

Iceman II

Right Behind You!
Established Member
I make arrests all the time for folks with warrants while they are renewing their driver license. If it is a class C warrant and I am sure it is, you will probably end up just paying the fine. If it is a class B or above you will have to spend time in jail.
Your lucky it is only $133.00. They typically add a failure to appear charge. That can be upwards of $300.00.

Users who are viewing this thread