Texting and Driving

Need 04 Wine

Meanest CDN on SVTP
Established Member
Next time I see an idiot like this in front of me, I'm getting on the horn. I installed a Hella Supertone in the Miata so that will be fun when I get to play with that.

Be ready to slam on your breaks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Need 04 Wine

Meanest CDN on SVTP
Established Member
I actually worked with a guy who used to read a book while driving. Ya a ****ing book. He would hold it near top of the wheel and to the left a bit so he could still see road. This was way before any phone laws. Maybe we should ban all books in cars too.

Revvv

Infinity Poster
Established Member
I don’t believe anything. It’s what I do.

We have not invented time travel yet or teleportation. Short of that happening, again reference my definition of safe, there is no way someone could get hit by me while I’m dealing with the phone.

Could I end up in the ditch and feel like a doe hole....yuppp.
Could I end up in same ditch while dealing with two kids in the car by myself....yuppp.
Wait that’s another thing we should ban. No one is allowed to drive by themselves with kids in the car anymore. Because if you’ve had kids in the car you know full well they are a million times worse then a phone.

Lol.

You have a point about kids in the car.

Sent from my [device_name] using the svtperformance.com mobile app

Blown 89

Established Member
It's pretty bad here too. I spend about 30% of my daily 75 mile commute on my horn getting people to look up to avoid hitting me.

Rare40th

Established Member
We are definitely all guilty of it. Like said above, the ringtone chime is enough to persuade you to look.

I just noticed the last few days by my work that they've got 3 cops watching the area for speeding/texting. They have a cop facing one direction with binoculars to catch texters, one with radar in the other direction and one makes the traffic stop. It must be working as they pulled over quite a few people

RI-SVT

TVS Powered
Established Member
I drive a truck for a living, let me tell you, it's not just texting I see people all day on their phone, not just texting, It's scrolling on FB, IG, Google maps, I honk the air horn at them, as I pass them I give them the finger wave NO NO NO.

Smooth

Well Seasoned
Established Member
Short of that happening, again reference my definition of safe, there is no way someone could get hit by me while I’m dealing with the phone.
You're starting to worry me bud. I'm pretty sure that most, if not all, of the people that either died or caused the death of somebody else by texting while driving didn't plan on either result happening. Didn't you just announce that your 3rd kid is on the way? Congrats by the way. Trust me, I'm not throwing stones here but please, consider your family before you hit the ditch.

Need 04 Wine

Meanest CDN on SVTP
Established Member
You're starting to worry me bud. I'm pretty sure that most, if not all, of the people that either died or caused the death of somebody else by texting while driving didn't plan on either result happening. Didn't you just announce that your 3rd kid is on the way? Congrats by the way. Trust me, I'm not throwing stones here but please, consider your family before you hit the ditch.

Appreciate the thoughts. And yes 3rd.

But as I mentioned it is a quick response and as limited time wise as it can be. I never do it in a situation that could end up out of control. Weather included in that.

DaleM

ATACMS changing the game!
Established Member
SVTP OG 4 Life
We are definitely all guilty of it. Like said above, the ringtone chime is enough to persuade you to look.

I just noticed the last few days by my work that they've got 3 cops watching the area for speeding/texting. They have a cop facing one direction with binoculars to catch texters, one with radar in the other direction and one makes the traffic stop. It must be working as they pulled over quite a few people
Guilty of what?

I have a flip phone.

When this smartphone had a summer chip my BMW read text messages to me and I could respond via voice.

Never have I done it, nor will I start. No need to. I value other people's lives and property more than texting.

DaleM

ATACMS changing the game!
Established Member
SVTP OG 4 Life
So many people think they can do it. Have you notice an increase in rear end accidents? Go to a dealerships repair lot. Holy moly.

The eyes can only focus on one focal plane at s time. So if someone can text, they are not seeing the road.
Then the brain power to read, process and formulate a response. Think it is easy? Try this. Have someone text and ask them to catch a ball with their non texting hand.

Finally the amount of distraction is compounded by the use of fine motor skills. The combination is so demanding that people end up centerlining or wake up from being a text zombie on the rumble strips..

If they must kill someone, let it be someone they love. Not someone else's lived ones.

KingBlack

I'm more stupid than I post
Established Member
My wife and I almost got hit head on twice today by distracted, texting idiots. This is a very common occurrence here in SC, practically every other driver has their face glued to a phone.

yes its a big problem here. probably everywhere. its very distracting
svt_lol.png

tones_RS3

I like members members.
Established Member
Premium Member
My wife and I almost got hit head on twice today by distracted, texting idiots. This is a very common occurrence here in SC, practically every other driver has their face glued to a phone. It's to the point where I am strongly considering liquidating everything I have and moving to another state with a fraction of the population density (bad drivers being a large slice of the pie for why). My wife was in two car accidents last year- one could have easily killed her. Call me paranoid, but those aren't friendly statistics. We can't drive 5 minutes without almost being hit in this state.

Mainstream media, liberals, and most politicians want to keep all eyes focused on gun control- wasted efforts from a statistical point of view. If they truly cared about saving lives, they'd be attacking alcohol, tobacco, and cell phones (their coping mechanisms)

I read this article (Jan 2018) and it really sickened me. "Yeah it's a problem. Can't do nuffin' about it." Half the officers around here text and drive- no wonder they won't enforce it.

http://www.heraldonline.com/news/state/south-carolina/article197767674.html

"Taylor’s proposal also would ban using your phone while stopped at a red light or stop sign, currently allowed under state law."

...the politician(s) that signed that law ought to be beaten. I wonder why so many fender benders happen, or why traffic is so congested in the Upstate...

Any ideas on how to push politicians to do what Alaska did and make DWT offenses absolutely brutal? I like what they did there- cause injury while texting+driving and it's a felony. Good. This country has too many wrist-slaps as it is and none serve as deterrents.
Yeah, that's no joke man. I get pissed off fast when I see people playing with their phone while driving. It's an accident waiting to happen.
A couple of weeks ago, I saw this goon that was eating, texting and driving. I wanted to punch him in the face.

Users who are viewing this thread