Texting and Driving

MG0h3

Established Member
If that was the punishment for any crime all crime would stop. I vote yay for it.

I'm all for the time fitting the crime.....but I don't think all the people in Chicago doing drive by shootings 20 times a day would agree. Unless they are just that ****ing stupid that they don't know its illegal.

ssj4sadie

Established Member
Premium Member
I'm all for the time fitting the crime.....but I don't think all the people in Chicago doing drive by shootings 20 times a day would agree. Unless they are just that ****ing stupid that they don't know its illegal.
I was being facetious. I think history has shown that no matter what the potential punishment is people will still break the law.

blk02edge

Established Member
If that was the punishment for any crime all crime would stop. I vote yay for it.
Yea, **** throw life at the degenerate scumbags who steal too.. Id vote for it.. Don't give a **** how extreme it sounds. The world would be a better place

Need 04 Wine

Meanest CDN on SVTP
Established Member
You need to throw away that broad brush.

Its interesting how when I have mentioned I only do this on deserted/ lightly travelled parts of the road everyone lose's their ****ing minds. But then supports the same approach when it comes to 3 honks and 150mph...where is that joker meme at.

So in this instance ima keep painting

Smooth

Well Seasoned
Established Member
Its interesting how when I have mentioned I only do this on deserted/ lightly travelled parts of the road everyone lose's their ****ing minds. But then supports the same approach when it comes to 3 honks and 150mph...where is that joker meme at.

So in this instance ima keep painting
Yer not doing yerself any favors.

tt335ci03cobra

Established Member
SVTP OG 4 Life
I think mandatory jail time for manslaughter due to distracted or impaired driving makes perfect sense.

Someone engaged in an irresponsible activity. The law is supposed to be here to provide the perimeters for safe societal conduct to help facilitate a safer state.

DaleM

ATACMS changing the game!
Established Member
SVTP OG 4 Life
I think mandatory jail time for manslaughter due to distracted or impaired driving makes perfect sense.

Someone engaged in an irresponsible activity. The law is supposed to be here to provide the perimeters for safe societal conduct to help facilitate a safer state.
Catching someone in the act seems tough. Lock screens and a good lawyer will make that search at the crime scene hard.

tt335ci03cobra

Established Member
SVTP OG 4 Life
Catching someone in the act seems tough. Lock screens and a good lawyer will make that search at the crime scene hard.

Metadata and cell signals are easily subpoena’d in vehiclular accidents that result in death.

Any restrictions to phone or whatever use or so on while driving is arguably an infringement of rights and arguably unlikely to do much except generate a convoluted legal process of tickets and court and on and on.

No I think the best approach is the easy and common sense approach of accountability.

Make distracted driving (resulting in a non lethal accident) a very points heavy citation that basically places your license on limited probation.

Make manslaughter due to distracted driving a minimum 3 year prison sentence.

Then society will see the beautiful harmony that is law and order.

Manipulated law into some kind of anti autonomy system is at best we’ll intended but a disaster waiting to be expensed 10 fold.

Let humans conduct human activity with the knowledge that the consequences are high. Responding to addicting tech and services isn’t nearly as addictive when you know an end result of no license or real prison time is a reality.

Need 04 Wine

Meanest CDN on SVTP
Established Member
Push legislation that disables phone in the driver area. Make it a mandatory safety device like airbags perhaps?

Is it possible for the systems we have to identify the phone is solely in drivers hands and not the passengers?

If so yep.

Manslaughter yes.

Cops here can legally ask you to open your phone and let them look at email, texts, and phone calls, to see if you have just received and responded to any, if you refuse its instant ticket. Of course they have to see/have reasonable doubt that you were on it.

tt335ci03cobra

Established Member
SVTP OG 4 Life
If someone accidentally shoots someone dead it’s still called manslaughter and gets formally processed. Why is that any different than accidentally killing someone with a car

tt335ci03cobra

Established Member
SVTP OG 4 Life
I think society is self interested enough to put down an addictive device if they could easily lose their license or see jail time.

It would dramatically hurt the economy though. The repair and medical industry would shrink, car sales would drop, on and on.

Users who are viewing this thread