Thank you, Sal Zaino

SNK BITN

Established Member
Wow, zaino can shine a car just as good as Meguiars, but at 3 times the price! J/K, dont want the zaino nazzis to get on my case.

Ken01-Cobra

Established Member
I used Meguiars for years before Zaino. Zaino shines better, but takes 10 times longer! (and yes, it does cost more too...)

SNK BITN

Established Member
Can you tell the difference between the Zaino car and the Meguiars car?

34941.JPG

Another things is that the Zaino car was just prepped before the show. The Meguiars was applied before the car was stored and was driven for a month and a half. All that was done before the show was a rinse with water. So no crap about the off-the-shelf stuff not lasting cause it was driven for two months.

I do use Zaino on my dads Escalade since I got the set as a gift. Thats the only car I use it on since its black. Too many farkin steps to use it on the other cars. To me, all Sal Zaino did was publish the correct procedure to apply the stuff and made a gimmick of it.

nj7703

Established Member
Originally posted by SNK BITN
Can you tell the difference between the Zaino car and the Meguiars car?

34941.JPG

Another things is that the Zaino car was just prepped before the show. The Meguiars was applied before the car was stored and was driven for a month and a half. All that was done before the show was a rinse with water. So no crap about the off-the-shelf stuff not lasting cause it was driven for two months.

I do use Zaino on my dads Escalade since I got the set as a gift. Thats the only car I use it on since its black. Too many farkin steps to use it on the other cars. To me, all Sal Zaino did was publish the correct procedure to apply the stuff and made a gimmick of it.

Zaino on the right

Ken01-Cobra

Established Member
As a photographer, I can set this shot up with Turtle Wax and you won't tell the difference. I have nothing to sell here. I am not a Zaino distributor or share holder, nor a Meguiars detractor. I've used both, and on the black Cobra Zaino wins, hands down. As I said in my earlier post...it is a PITA because it takes so long and costs more, but it does give you a better shine. You DO have to apply it in the correct order and at the correct times for it to be effective. You have a problem reading and following directions, you won't like Zaino! You have a problem devoting a whole weekend to your car, you won't like Zaino. ;-)

But, they make all those products so you can use what you want. You like Meguiars, use it. It's a good product. I still use it on on my wife's black Focus. :D Don't knock a product just because you don't particularly like it though...

Last edited:

SNK BITN

Established Member
I'm not exactly knocking it since I use both, I posted which one I like better. I'm not a photographer, but of course your gonna bring into account a whole bunch of variables. 2 indentical car, 2 exact color paints on them, 2 exact same procedures to apply, 2 basically same results, nuff said.

Ken01-Cobra

Established Member
But the primary thing in a photo showing "shine" is the lighting. What angle it is at, and which car is "away" from the best angle. A difference of as little as 2 degree's will make a huge difference in the final picture. Put the car you wish to "highlight" in the right angle and the car you wish to compare in the "wrong" angle and they will look close to the same, no matter what the results were. e.g. it doesn't matter if you used Meguiars or your local car washes spray on wax. Now, with this explanation, nuff said.

You use both...I use both. You don't like Zaino, I do. You said you used it on your dad's black Escalade (?), right? I BET it is one good looking Escalade then! ;-) Black is the hardest "color" to make look good IMO. So if either works and makes black look good, then either is good.

Last edited:

Ken01-Cobra

Established Member
Black sucks at trying to keep looking nice! Every little thing that floats in the air can be seen on it! One thing I DO like about Zaino is it seems to be a lot less "electrostatic" than many of the waxes and polishes out there, which helps keep the car looking good since it doesn't attract the flying crap to it as much as some others I've used.

Users who are viewing this thread