thanking all the 93 cobra owners here

Teal93

Just want to let you guys know every day I think about selling the cobras to upgrade to the gt 500 I change my mind evrey time when I visit the fox body cobra section. I get on here and see how lucky I am to own 2 of them and how much you guys enjoy your 93. I see the hard core mustang owners still have a spot in there heart for these cars. I guess I just get cought up in all the hype with the newer ones I just want to sell mine to get a newer one. But you guys always change my mind.
Thanks

MillCreekMafia

Established Member
hehe i would.... but i'm in love with the GT500... if i had the money to own a new gt500 and turn it into a supersnake.... god himself would have no match for my ego lol.

CO9B3RA

Established Member
I really don't see what people see in the new Mustang. Personally, ford NEVER got me with the bloated body design. A person needs so much more hp/in3 to get the extra weight going down the road. Agility has been sold out as well. I'm far too happy with my 5 earlier Mustangs, ending with a 36k mile Teal '93 Cobra, and feel no need to help ford back into profitability by a design that TURNS ME OFF!
:coolman:

Last edited:

LEE93COBRA

broke
Established Member
I really don't see what people see in the new Mustang. Personally, ford NEVER got me with the bloated body design. A person needs so much more hp/in3 to get the extra weight going down the road. Agility has been sold out as well. I'm far too happy with my 5 earlier Mustangs, ending with a 36k mile Teal '93 Cobra, and feel no need to help ford back into profitability by a design that TURNS ME OFF!

Drive one and you will see why people like them. While my car is just a GT, I like driving it a lot more than I did my 93 cobra. More comfortable, handles better even in stock trim, etc. Don't get me wrong I loved my 93 cobra (I owned it for 9 years) I would not trade the 08 for another foxbody.

Once I do a Kenne Bell or a turbo kit on my 08, it will be the perfect car for me

CO9B3RA

Established Member
Driving something I don't like in the first place will not change my mind. If the
car exterior passes the test, then I try the interior followed by the driving test. The new Mustang fails the exterior followed closely by the interior. I need not go any further....I wouldn't have one.

In 1965 my first look at the "new' Mustang fastback followed by that first
sit-down in the interior and I was "gone" tho I did not drive one until 1971.
Those 6 years, college and my military hitch, were a lifetime until I bought
the very next '65 fastback in which I sat AND finally drove. All Mustangs
i've owned since, except for 2 early '65/'66 Shelbys, have taken time for them
to grow on me especially the '93 Cobra. From that point on Mustangs have
faired even worse to the end result that ford had lost the Mustang "touch" and had left me in the past never to like the '94 to present new models.

Thank heaven for that first '65/'66 fastback but not so for the latest.....may
it R. I. P!:shrug:

Last edited:

LEE93COBRA

broke
Established Member
Driving something I don't like in the first place will not change my mind. If the
car exterior passes the test, then I try the interior followed by the driving test. The new Mustang fails the exterior followed closely by the interior. I need not go any further....I wouldn't have one.

:

LOL. Ok.
I was just explaining what some people see in the new mustang. The performance, ride, comfort is better than prior mustangs. Car is easy to work on, responds very well to mods, etc

CO9B3RA

Established Member
Hey Lee:

I have become a minority member of my local Southern Az Mustang Club in that our club outings have become mostly attended by new Mustangs, and not a small # are Roush, Shelbys, Saleens, 1 Terlingua, etc. The older Mustangs, my 64.5 K coupe and 66 A fb especially, are now few and far between as if they were out of favor. So much so that my club now officailly shuns all car shows that do not include the new models. Two of the larger annual shows in Az. will not accept entrys after 1971/73 and SAMC makes sure that club members know those 2 shows are out of favor, not sanctioned.... we can attend on our own but, not officially as SAMC backed members. As per one of the 2 aforementioned car shows, a few member's older model Mustangs just attended the 25th annual Run To The Pines, the idea of ill will looms as the real reason for not sanctioning that show tho the years accepted (to 71) fits the conceived sanctioning ploy.

So you see I have more than one reason to have problems with the new build Mustangs tho, in truth, only one is legitamately founded on just not liking the general looks. BUT, this is a country where, in most cases, the majority rules so I must dislike from the minority side :shrug: .

Enjoy your new GT and I definately won't race you and the GT :burnout: for pink slips with my own STOCK 93 Teal. ;-)

Last edited:

LEE93COBRA

broke
Established Member
Hey Lee:

I have become a minority member of my local Southern Az Mustang Club in that our club outings have become mostly attended by new Mustangs, and not a small # are Roush, Shelbys, Saleens, 1 Terlingua, etc. The older Mustangs, my 64.5 K coupe and 66 A fb especially, are now few and far between as if they were out of favor. So much so that my club now officailly shuns all car shows that do not include the new models. Two of the larger annual shows in Az. will not accept entrys after 1971/73 and SAMC makes sure that club members know those 2 shows are out of favor, not sanctioned.... we can attend on our own but, not officially as SAMC backed members. As per one of the 2 aforementioned car shows, a few member's older model Mustangs just attended the 25th annual Run To The Pines, the idea of ill will looms as the real reason for not sanctioning that show tho the years accepted (to 71) fits the conceived sanctioning ploy.

So you see I have more than one reason to have problems with the new build Mustangs tho, in truth, only one is legitamately founded on just not liking the general looks. BUT, this is a country where, in most cases, the majority rules so I must dislike from the minority side :shrug: .

Enjoy your new GT and I definately won't race you and the GT :burnout: for pink slips with my own STOCK 93 Teal. ;-)

No problems. That is odd about your club. We haven't seen anything like that here. The shows I have been to in the last few years have not been overrun with the S197's.
By the way, are you located around the Phoenix area? I spent a combined total of 2 months out there for work in the last 5 months. I am sure I will come back out this next year at least once or twice.

CO9B3RA

Established Member
I'm located in Tucson a little over 100 miles south of Phoenix. There is another large Mustang club up there whom we share local car shows with several times a year. If you're out here in Feb, we have an all ford show on the 22nd that has become one of our bigger shows locally.

And, by the way, HAPPY NEW YEAR!...I haven't hit the sack yet as I just got home from a small party some of us SAMC'ers had. :-D

Last edited:

LEE93COBRA

broke
Established Member
I'm located in Tucson a little over 100 miles south of Phoenix. There is another large Mustang club up there whom we share local car shows with several times a year. If you're out here in Feb, we have an all ford show on the 22nd that has become one of our bigger shows locally.

And, by the way, HAPPY NEW YEAR!...I haven't hit the sack yet as I just got home from a small party some of us SAMC'ers had. :-D

yeah I drove to Tucson one weekend during my October trip. I went to the Air/Space Museum

Users who are viewing this thread