the 2010 GT500 unveiled @ Barrett Jackson on sunday 56K no way!

NO-BlkLightning2K

Putin 2016. Yup.
Established Member
hell yes! that is seriously sweet right there. the new rear end is such a marked improvement, imo. ford finally got it right. again, imo.

edit:

after ogling these pics for a few minutes- is that grabber blue? holy shit that would be so great if they finally got it together by resurrecting that incredible color.

confirmed by svtp. ****ing awesome.

Last edited:

01SVTSnake

Thud Thud Thud Thud Thud
Established Member
Still hate the rear end. The black trim molding crap comes way to high up the bumper and the curved tail lights well... :xpl:

Otherwise the car is Gorgeous. I love the wheels

Snagged

Shenanigans!!!
Established Member
Yeah I do believe I like this one. That back end is even growing on me . . . .although I never really had a big problem with it in the first place.

What is going on with the rear spoiler? What is that piece in the middle of it?
DSC05314.jpg

Last edited:

kcobra

MUSTANG MANIAC
Established Member
I, personally don't like the huge black plastic on the hood and back. The tail lights with that downward slope before they angle onto the edge are freakin ugly. I do love everything else about the car though. The back us just too funky looking. If they would have just kept it more like it was in the rear. Oh well.

03'Darin

Established Member
thats one hot mustang!! but i dont get why it has SVT on the wheels? i thought SVT was done, over, nada, no more! i guess they just cant make up they're minds

SVT engineered and designed the GT500 all along. Ford paid Shelby to use his name strictly from a marketing standpoint. Shelby only did the Shelby GT's and the KR portion of the GT500KR's.

I think this car is WAY better looking than the 07-09 car. The only thing I don't like is the rear end. I don't like the way they curved the sides of the rearend.

Last edited:

f ê r

Tropical Tuned
Established Member
What is going on with the rear spoiler? What is that piece in the middle of it?
DSC05314.jpg

Enjoy, as I have, this tale of the creation of the “Gurney Flap,” a small piece of metal—usually aluminum—that is bolted on to sports cars’ wings to provide downforce. It is a solution that is both effective and cheap, rare in the world of aerodynamics. The Gurney Flap was invented on the race track by Dan Gurney, who was at the time managing a race team, although he is also a legendary driver.

Towards the end of the third and last day of testing, driver Bobby Unser challenged ‘the boss’ to come up with a solution, and Gurney suggested the flap. He’d seen the success Richie Ginther had had experimenting with spoilers on Ferrari sportscars and wondered what would happen if a small spoiler was fitted along a wing’s trailing edge.

In 45 minutes or so, the first Gurney Flap was fabricated and attached to the car’s rear wing, and Unser went out again. Within a couple of laps it was clear he was circulating no faster than before and everyone in the pit assumed the flap was a failure. But when Unser came in he called Gurney over and quietly asked him whether anyone was around to spy on what they were doing. Once Gurney had confirmed they were alone, Unser told him the rear was now so well planted that the car was pushing (understeering) badly, hence the poor lap times. All they needed to do was restore the aerodynamic balance by adding more front-end downforce and the car would be transformed.

http://dethroner.com/2007/05/24/diy-...e-gurney-flap/

THE_STIG

Established Member
I love that grabber blue. I kind of want those new gt500 wheels for my 05.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread