The Beginning of Fast 'N Loud: The Real Gas Monkey Garage

BlksvtCobra01

Deplorable and Proud
Established Member
A lot of it is prolly scripted for entertainment but I still enjoy the show sucks they let Jordan and Tom go though.

sunburned

I miss my torque
Established Member
I always hoped that Richard wasn't really so arrogant in real life, but from what most people say that isn't the case.

You see that episode of Jesse James' show where he dumped a truckload of manure in the GMG driveway? Apparently those two don't like each other and it seems Richard's arrogance has a lot to do with it. I'm guessing mainly because he doesn't do any of the work himself.

offroadkarter

Professional S***poster
Established Member
You see that episode of Jesse James' show where he dumped a truckload of manure in the GMG driveway? Apparently those two don't like each other and it seems Richard's arrogance has a lot to do with it. I'm guessing mainly because he doesn't do any of the work himself.

Jesse James is a model of political correctness himself.

dirtyd88

Much Wow!
Established Member

Jesse pretty much made it known during the bike build off why he doesn't respect or like Richard.

[youtube_browser]RG6AJsXnxsc[/youtube_browser]

Steve@Tasca

It is too bad about Tom, the guy is a goofball for sure but he sure knew his way around those old cars. The really old ones in particular.

-Steve

DHG1078

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Established Member
Tom was the best part of that show. Cant believe they fired him.

in addition to the tmz article, the show said he was always late, just showed up whenever he felt like it, and did what he felt like. Not sure how true that was, but if so he wasn't much of a team player. He was my favorite character on the show, but at the end of the day it's still an actual shop with real needs and he wasn't cutting it. I am hoping he can get his own tv show. I bet both tom and jordan had zero issues finding a new job. I bet they both hate losing their tv paycheck though lol.

Last edited:

SBVERT03

Established Member
LOL I just actually watched the video in the link from the OP for the first time. Horrible, but hilarious. So weird to see Richard with his hair like that, and Aaron without his beard!

I've never been a fan of Jesse James at all personally. Dude seems like a complete douchebag. Even more so than RR IMO. Who's worse in real life I have no idea, but it's no surprise to me that they don't get along. Haha

sdoo500

Established Member
I watch the show because like others said, its entertaining and its not anywhere near as bad as alot of the other car shows on tv today. Every time I watch Discovery or Velocity (which I really like) there's a new show that aims to be horrible. Aaron and a few other guys at the shop seem to be real car guys and Richard is what he is. Met him at a bar outside Barret Jackson last year and he seems to be exactly the same in real life. Don't care for him but the show is a lot better than other crap out there.

dirtyd88

Much Wow!
Established Member
in addition to the tmz article, the show said he was always late, just showed up whenever he felt like it, and did what he felt like. Not sure how true that was, but if so he wasn't much of a team player. He was my favorite character on the show, but at the end of the day it's still an actual shop with real needs and he wasn't cutting it. I am hoping he can get his own tv show. I bet both tom and jordan had zero issues finding a new job. I bet they both hate losing their tv paycheck though lol.

Bottom of the TMZ article stated they both already had other jobs and are pushing Discovery for a spin off series.

98SaleenSnake

Established Member
I shook Jesse James hand when he had his shop in long beach. I was there the day he was out in the street playing in his trophy truck. I tried to ask him a few questions about his truck but he pretty much just ignored me. I would probably be an ass if I was famous too.

cobra_4

#PITS
Established Member
Definitely some odd and interesting reads. I was already on the fence with the firebird crap, might be pulling the gas monkey sticker off my truck after this one. :nonono:

Users who are viewing this thread