The Best Bra (not what you think)!!

jspalmer01

Established Member
Want to get a front end bra (hood and front valance) for a couple of road trips this year. What are you guys using? Now before you say I don't use one....I only want to use it for road trips. Thanks.

LEE93COBRA

broke
Established Member
I had one special made many years ago. Can't remember where I got it at.

Its hard to find one specific to the cobra

jspalmer01

Established Member
LEE93COBRA said:
I had one special made many years ago. Can't remember where I got it at.

Its hard to find one specific to the cobra

Thanks Lee. If anyone has a recommendation would appreciate a contact. Thanks.

LEE93COBRA

broke
Established Member
I'll have to see if I still have mine. I only used a couple of times. Those things are hell to install and remove. I think Wolf made mine

NEOH1

Established Member
I also have a Wolf and think it is pretty good. I only use it if I take a longer trip which doesn't happen in the Cobra very often. Keep a good coat of wax on the paint to prevent rub marks :beer: .

'93blownCOBRA

Established Member
I would say that if you need it just to tarvel with use a bug net instead. Every Auto Zone has them. They are dirt cheap. If it by chance falls off or turns up missing you haven't lost much. They work very well and are very, very easy to put on and take off, unlike a front end bra. They fold up nicely and store easily again, unlike a front end bra.

Paint is not rock hard and the experience that I had with one on my '85 Mustang GT back in the days is this. The bra needs to be pulled tight to stay put and look good which puts down pressure on the tops of the fenders. After a while (and I didn't use mine very much) you'll start seeing a light impression of the bra showing up in the paint. Kind of like a thumb print in Play Dough.

The other problem that I have with a front end bra is that they tend to move around a bit, no matter how tight. Sand (like the road debris that sand blasts the front end as you go down the road) tends to accumulate under the bra surface (on top of the fender) and after a while it's like rubbing sand paper around on top of that prized paint job.

Last thing is that I think that the front end bra looks too 80's but that's my opinion.

blown...

Last edited:

Orion1123

SVT Poster
Established Member
Does anyone have pics and/or other info of the clearbra or the bug net from auto zone? i plan on taking an 8 hour round trip over the summer. it will the only time i do a trip like that and i want something to protect the paint for the trip, but nothing permanent. thanks guys

Users who are viewing this thread