The BEST CAI ???

sLeEstAk

digital being @ large
Established Member
I gotta Pipercross Viper intake and absolutely love it. I can disconnect the hose from the filter and run it short in bad weather, otherwise I run it as a RamAir/CAI. The carbon fiber housing on the filter keeps it very nice and cool and it flows like a mutha.

Intake:
pcInstalled.jpg

Opening (can be routed to wherever you like):
pcHoseLoc3.jpg

Last edited:

sLeEstAk

digital being @ large
Established Member
I actually lucked out and got one used from someone on FocusFanatics. They are kinda a pain to find and a lil on the expensive side, but definitely worth it. I would recommend hitting up McNews Automotive and see if they can at least point you in the right direction. I know they used to carry them and saw a post somewhere about a possible group buy.

sLeEstAk

digital being @ large
Established Member
thats actually part of the intake. Some have a clear plastic cover over a paper cone...this one is a carbon fiber housing around a foam filter - similar to the ITG filters.

I have to say that I have found tiny road pebbles in my filter area (probably cause i am pulling air from the lower grill), but I once ended up with it caked with dirt from riding behind someone on a dirt road and looking at the inside of the filter it was clean as a whistle....the filter works damn good.

Either way you go, its just a solid set up to be able to get the best of both worlds. Run it as a CAI when conditions are favorable, but if its heavily rainy, dusty, etc...you just pop the hose off and run it short. It takes seconds and I have done it at a stoplight.

Last edited:

sLeEstAk

digital being @ large
Established Member
This might be a cheaper and easier to get option:

http://www.knfilters.com/universal/apollo.htm

This hose isn't long enough to reach where mine is, but you either extend it or do what many others have done:

Wrap it around the drivers side of your battery, behind the drivers headlight and locate the opening behind the grill next to your turn signal. Hope this helps

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread