The best H/C/I setup for 5.0s???

corysmach1

Established Member
I am looking at getting a 94 or 95 Mustang GT or Cobra I am curious as to what is the best heads, cam and intake out there that will get me the most power?? Of course i will do all the full bolt ons with a tune. Thanks guys.

4valvemach

Established Member
The 89-93 fox is a much better car IMO but to each his own :shrug: and it will resale much better then 94-98 GT mustangs.

Holley or Edelbrock and Trick Flow kits have around the same 350HP level
upper/lower intake,cam,heads,timing chain,pushrods,bolts

corysmach1

Established Member
The 89-93 fox is a much better car IMO but to each his own :shrug: and it will resale much better then 94-98 GT mustangs.

Holley or Edelbrock and Trick Flow kits have around the same 350HP level
upper/lower intake,cam,heads,timing chain,pushrods,bolts

As in niceness? I disagree for a race car yes they are very light. But the the Sn95's are nice overall. So about 320ish rwhp???

meaty mac

IDK what I want now
Established Member
If you're going to keep the stock displacement and driveability is an issue, then Systemmax is probably your best bet. Proven kit with everything you need.

But you said the most power so-
AFR heads make the most power on 302"s, but Twisted Wedge heads (which come a close second) are the only ones that will work with the stock pistons when running a decent cam.

Last edited:

corysmach1

Established Member
If you're going to keep the stock displacement and driveability is an issue, then Systemmax is probably your best bet. Proven kit with everything you need.

But you said the most power so-
AFR heads make the most power on 302"s, but Twisted Wedge heads (which come a close second) are the only ones that will work with the stock pistons when running a decent cam.

Yes thats what I was told.....and what does the sysyemax kit make? 300rwhp?

greensvt21

retired truckie SFD!
Established Member
systemax intake

AFR's, Brodix 5.0., or twisted heads

TF stage 1 cam, or Anderson B21

injectors, pump and larger mass + a tune.

94Gt5.0

Allgo5oh
Established Member
The setup I would do on your car would be a set of AFR165cc's, a Edelbrock RPMII upper and lower, and a TFS stage 2 cam(iirc you will need to notch the pistons for this cam to work). This setup will put you well into the low 12's with the correct supporting mods and driver of course! Good luck man :beer:

94Gt5.0

Allgo5oh
Established Member
Those sound like strong setups....what kind of dyno numbers will those setups lay down???

That depends on a whole lot of different things, manual/auto, bolt-ons, gears, tune etc etc. The big thing to remeber is every dyno is different, and is really just a tuning tool. Get your real info at the track! My car only put down 277rwhp through a AOD-E yet went 11.82@112 on motor..

turbogts

Established Member
The setup I would do on your car would be a set of AFR165cc's, a Edelbrock RPMII upper and lower, and a TFS stage 2 cam(iirc you will need to notch the pistons for this cam to work). This setup will put you well into the low 12's with the correct supporting mods and driver of course! Good luck man :beer:

I like this setup but I would say a custom grind cam would work better, such as a ed curtis grind etc. That would also help avoid cuttng the pistons.......

corysmach1

Established Member
That depends on a whole lot of different things, manual/auto, bolt-ons, gears, tune etc etc. The big thing to remeber is every dyno is different, and is really just a tuning tool. Get your real info at the track! My car only put down 277rwhp through a AOD-E yet went 11.82@112 on motor..

Yes I know that....the car will be a 5 spd. I am just looking for the strongest setup out there power wise. The car will have full bolt ons with 4:10's.

Svt KC

Established Member
AFR 165's, Edelbrock Performer intake TMoss ported, Steeda 19 cam,for off the shelf cam, works well with 94-95's and if want to throw a blower on it in future.

ModularSpeed

Suspension Guru
Established Member
I made 327rwhp on a 95 with a TFS top end kit and basic bolt-ons. Back then I think I paid $1700 for the entire kit. Put it on in 3-4 hours and made 100+ more rwhp.

I am a big fan of the Twisted Wedge heads....and their camshafts. (The TFS2 cam is a wonderful piece, and loves to eat nitrous)

If I had to do it over again, I would run a Systemax Intake, or Eddy RPMII....a TFS 2, and a used set of TFS TW heads and have them touched up and a nice valvejob. I think I could squeeze 350rwhp out of that.

turbogts

Established Member
I made 327rwhp on a 95 with a TFS top end kit and basic bolt-ons. Back then I think I paid $1700 for the entire kit. Put it on in 3-4 hours and made 100+ more rwhp.

I am a big fan of the Twisted Wedge heads....and their camshafts. (The TFS2 cam is a wonderful piece, and loves to eat nitrous)

If I had to do it over again, I would run a Systemax Intake, or Eddy RPMII....a TFS 2, and a used set of TFS TW heads and have them touched up and a nice valvejob. I think I could squeeze 350rwhp out of that.

That would more than likely be the setup I would go with......

corysmach1

Established Member

Now that sounds like a great setup!!!

corysmach1

Established Member
I was also told this setup.....what you guys think?

AFR 185s
Jay Allen custom cam or do your homework and get the right off the shelf cam
Edelbrock RPM II
Accufab 80mm RACE TB
4" powerpipe
90mm MAF
1 3/4" longtubes
2.5" exhaust

Should make 365rwhp.

4valvemach

Established Member
Why cuz that setup would be pricey?

No it just seems like you were starting off with a nice DD car now your moving into race car stuff LOL.Thats how it starts "oh I just want a LITTLE more hp"then it just turns into a race car.

First its a cold air intake then its a intake then headers then heads a bigger motor a supercharger a bigger motor a bigger supercharger etc etc :lol1:

meaty mac

IDK what I want now
Established Member
I was also told this setup.....what you guys think?

AFR 185s
Jay Allen custom cam or do your homework and get the right off the shelf cam
Edelbrock RPM II
Accufab 80mm RACE TB
4" powerpipe
90mm MAF
1 3/4" longtubes
2.5" exhaust

Should make 365rwhp.

Believe it or not, you'll probably make more power N/A with the AFR 165's
(Assuming you keep the stock displacement)

Users who are viewing this thread