The best ownage in the history of automobiles.

TacticalKaos

Established Member
The best "kill" of my life.

Alright guys, I had the unfortunate experience of a hit and run. I spent the night at a friends apartment complex and someone hit my car and left no contact info. Really sucked, I figured there was nothing I could do so today I bought a new rear bumper for my car. You know, counted my loses and kept if off the insurance. Well it gets way better, let me tell you the story of the greatest ownage I have ever heard of.

It all started on Sunday night. We had some friends over and were were bonging a few beers on the balcony, nothing unusual. Some pictures were taken as might be expected and things were good. I went to bed at my friends house and rose in the morning at about 9 a.m. to get meet with my professor. Well I walk out to my car and can't help but notice my right rear bumper is totally trashed. Son of a bitch. I know instantly that unless I find a phone number on my windshield I'm out about a grand after parts and paint. Trying to make an effort to figure out who did it I asked my friend for the pics from the other night so I could see who was parked around me in an effort of possibly narrowing down the suspects. I knew it had to be a low car since it didn't affect my right rear light. I came up kinda short, to many options.

The rest of the day goes by without event.

I find out a kid got evicted and was told to leave early this morning after I get back from class. Sure enough he has to get all his stuff out that day. Strangely though he isn't driving his normal car. He's got his smaller girlfriends car (found out from someone else in the apartment complex). I thought that was rather strange. Seemed as though he was hiding something. Maybe he backed into my car in a fit of rage and left under a clear state of emotional distress. I refered myself to the pictures and low and behold the night before there is a dark blue Mazda Miata to my rear left that strangely enough............belongs to him.

Knowing this vehicle is either in a shop being repaired or hiden at an undisclosed location I begin to ponder potential locations. It made sense to me that it'd be at his girlfriends house. Afterall, he was driving her car. So I figure out her full name and type it into the facebook.com thingy. Sure enough it lists her apartment complex. We jump in my friends car and go to look. After hope seems lost and as were leaving we see a car parked all the way by the fence behind a Jeep. Low and behold it was the Mazda with a damaged rear bumper. Called the cops and they're pressing hit and run charges.

Cliffnotes:My car was involved in a hit and run and after much deliberation I tracked down the person who did it.

pestilence

Established Member
Good job Columbo haha. Are you taking cases because someone did the same to me, damage wasn't too bad, but infuriating nonetheless?

STROKD

Takin pictures of stuff
Established Member
That is bad ass, feel bad for the poor guy who got evicted, now might go to jail, but his bad for being a retard... :rockon:

SVT8U

Established Member
thats priceless. That must have felt awesome to catch him. Good thing you turned him in to the fuzz, cuz if I were you I prolly would have busted his face and we would be sitting in jail together....

TacticalKaos

Established Member
DaleM said:
At least he will have a place to sleep and eat for a while.

HAHAHAHA Nice one Dale. Yeah, the cops are taking him "down town" today apparently. I think this should count as extra credit in my law classes. Seriously though, I hate the kid anyway. If I would have seen him outside and the cops weren't there they may have been investigating a homicide.

Tman

Established Member
Way to go man!!!! Thats fricking awesome you got the guy!!! :thumbsup:
I hate sob like that, similar thing happen to me last year.

TacticalKaos

Established Member
NyteByte said:
LOL!! Awesome.. Sherlock Kaos!!

The cops should've offered you a job as a detective.

I explained the evidence to the cop and how I found the kid. He asked me why I didn't call sooner and I told him because I didn't want them to have to deal with a search warrant in case its in a shop and he immedialtely said "You're a law student aren't you?" It was probably the most rewarding comment I've ever been given in the civilian world. I was just glad to see justice served, seeing the kid cough up the dough will be even better.

WhistlePig

Bedroom Gangsta
Established Member
Been there done that with the hit-and-run thing, definately not fun. Glad you caught the fool. It is amazing the disrepect some people show toward other's property.

CharlieCobra03

Established Member
Long ago and far away, I was sitting at a light in this Connie MkVI when four drunks in a rice car smacked into the car next to me. They turned and ran, driving over the curb and grass. I gave chase and was tight on their a$$ shortly. This was when cell phones were in briefcases so I didn't have one. I chased their lame asses all over the place as their ride ran rougher and rougher. They popped signs and lights (which I'd stop and clear before catching back up) vainly trying to evade me. They ended up on a culdesac and tried to back into me but the Connie with it's mighty 5.0 was too nimble. After about a 1/2 hour their car finally gave up and expired, just as two Phoenix PD cars pulled up. The foot chase was brief and futile since one of the cars was a K9 unit. Turns out they also had two pounds in the car along with sundry other items in baggies they woefully claimed to have no knowledge of. Imagine their surprise at seeing the Connie stuck on their butt like glue. While it wasn't the wisest move, it was fun and very satisfying. I hate hit and run drivers.

Users who are viewing this thread