The Biggest 4.6L Born in Orlando!!!

Chris _Scott

NA FTW
Established Member
The engine is being installed right now. They ended up just putting it in themselves.

Curtis, you can't go big bore with the Teksid Block. You have to run a Boss 5.0L Block.

I beg to differ.

DSC00050.jpg

:burnout:

They're quite common...I'd never put a Boss 5.0L block in my car.

quikcobra

Established Member
Im going on a whim to say Jordan didnt say it was impossible. By paying attention Droptop was talking about a .030 over teskid. Not a sleeved alum. block. Which at that point the $$ in machine work and sleeves ill sacrifice 50lbs for $1500 bucks. But anything CAN be done heck if you wanted to you can drop in a 7.3L diesel. But are there better thing to waste money on ABSOLUTELY!!!!

Chris _Scott

NA FTW
Established Member
Im going on a whim to say Jordan didnt say it was impossible. By paying attention Droptop was talking about a .030 over teskid. Not a sleeved alum. block. Which at that point the $$ in machine work and sleeves ill sacrifice 50lbs for $1500 bucks. But anything CAN be done heck if you wanted to you can drop in a 7.3L diesel. But are there better thing to waste money on ABSOLUTELY!!!!

It's an 80lbs difference, and $1200 to sleeve an aluminum block.

Compared to $999 for the Boss 5.0 block [which is still actually a good deal]

So with that said.. $300 to save 80 lbs is a pretty good deal I would say. Also I am weird, and would like to keep the block with the car..it is kinda the 'heart and soul' of it. That is pretty much the only part on my car that came from the factory, but that's just me being weird, lol.

I just hate pig cars, I like to drop weight where it is not needed, especialllly off the nose of the car.

P.S. by paying attention, Jordan said "Curtis, you can't go big bore with the Teksid Block. You have to run a Boss 5.0L Block."

He made no mention of his .030 block, just a general statement. Regardless, you can still sleeve that block.

Users who are viewing this thread