The boss is back : 6.2L Boss Engine Pics

Common

Established Member
what an idea, huh? with chryslers press conference a few days ago, it looks like they will pass up GMs mediocre cars here within the next few years. while ford is getting rave reviews, GM is getting reviews that say "hey, they are right behind or on par with the japanese!"
+1
Sure it looks cool, but morons need to prioritize before bringing down the entire economy again. Despite what brain dead fanboys of any particular "awesome" engine or car model think, that shit isnt paying the bills, or even close to it. You should build decent cars for NORMAL people that dont give a **** about HP or how awesome that engine is when moded, BEFORE you are given the opportunity to build some expensive shit that 1 out 10000 people MIGHT buy!

Ford is doing excellent right now!

CobraRed01

CornerCarvinCravin
Established Member
it'll definitely be bit heavier than the 5.4l, though i don't think we have any numbers yet.
and people say this engine should be in the stang'. why, so it can have the weight distribution of a FWD??? the displacement would be nice, though boost has proven to be a perfectly capable replacement(the ONLY replacement for displacement!).

Yeah, I guess even 50lbs in the wrong direction would a lot at this point in the Shelby's "stature"....though the 2010 by all accounts handles the iron 5.4 really well. I was wondering if Ford wouldn't pull a fast one and drop a 6.2 S/C Boss motor in the 2011 Shelby instead. Guess if they can boost the lighter 5.0 Coyote safely enough it's the better ticket. Lighter's better in my mind... but it's amazing how much weight modern performance tires can handle.

Ry_Trapp0

Condom Model
Established Member
Yeah, I guess even 50lbs in the wrong direction would a lot at this point in the Shelby's "stature"....though the 2010 by all accounts handles the iron 5.4 really well. I was wondering if Ford wouldn't pull a fast one and drop a 6.2 S/C Boss motor in the 2011 Shelby instead. Guess if they can boost the lighter 5.0 Coyote safely enough it's the better ticket. Lighter's better in my mind... but it's amazing how much weight modern performance tires can handle.
it's been all but confirmed that the 2011 shelby GT500 will get an aluminum 5.4l block, which should drop 75-100lbs! i'm still waiting on the turbo 5.0l though...

CobraRed01

CornerCarvinCravin
Established Member
it's been all but confirmed that the 2011 shelby GT500 will get an aluminum 5.4l block, which should drop 75-100lbs! i'm still waiting on the turbo 5.0l though...

An aluminum 5.4??!! Wow, I thought they were talking an S/C version of the Coyote. Is that a wet-sump version of the Ford GT block? I'd take that lighter motor for sure. The handling performance is going to be awesome.

Users who are viewing this thread